Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes beat Trout 3x's, Berto and Bradley & Lara is a threat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
    Oh I know my boy isnt elite yet... i only consider Floyd, Cotto and (gulp) Alvarez to be elite in the 154 division... everyone else is jockeying for position in that division or is just at contender status. I will say that the winner of this fight will be elite status and as well as Trout if he pulls off a win against Cotto
    I don't understand how can you say that Alvarez is elite in the 154 division ... He hasn't faced any legit opponent so far (Old and completely shot Mosley is not legit) while Lara has faced Molina with a draw and completely dominated Williams.

For me the only "elite" boxers in the 154 division are Floyd and Cotto, the other guys still have a lot to prove but from them I think that Lara has faced a couple of good guys, Vanes hasn't faced anyone really worthy (maybe Ouma or Roman but they're not great), Canelo keeps facing old and shot guys or LWWs, K9 fights once a year so I can't really say that he's been facing good opposition.

Comment

I feel like Lara will handle anything Vanes will bring to the ring. I say Lara by decision.

Comment

The amateurs? really?

Comment

I think it will be a good fight although i don't think vanes will last with lara's straight left landing at will

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Timothy Bradley lost to Andre Berto twice in 2003, he also lost to Alfredo Angulo, and like you said Vanes Martirosyan. Obviously, all of these guys are huge, and this was Jr Middleweight. Look at them all as pros now, Tim Bradley is the most successful one of them all, despite the controversial fight against Pacquiao.

Vanes and Angulo have, by far, been the worst of those 4.
            i only brought the amateur fights into this thread because to show everyone that vanes does have talent and to totally dismiss him because he has been brought along slow (like every TR fighter). Vanes can bang dude and yes he has been knocked down before but that doesnt make him chinny. Its how you handle those knockdowns and how quickly you come back to your senses. JMM has been down numerous times throughout his career, but would you consider him chinny?

Comment

TS r u implying Lara will be easy work???

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Amatuer's and pro's are two completely different ball games. They are almost different sports. It's irrelevant to the pro's.

But I do agree, Lara is overrated to a degree.

He's a good fighter but he's not as good as most think IMO or atleast not as proven.

He got a gift in the Molina fight and whilst he soundly beat Williams. We really don't know how much William's truly had left at that point.
                Lara is vastly overrated, look at my poll! Everyone knows pwilly had issues with southpaws.. quitana took him to school that first fight and what has he done since then?? Lara has beaten nothing but a bunch of tomato cans and a paul williams who was consistently owned by southpaws...

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
                  Lara is vastly overrated, look at my poll! Everyone knows pwilly had issues with southpaws.. quitana took him to school that first fight and what has he done since then?? Lara has beaten nothing but a bunch of tomato cans and a paul williams who was consistently owned by southpaws...
                  Remember, you're asking for who we think will win, not if the fight will be competitive or one-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Yo TS, you sound like you're doubting your fighter! You sound like you're trying to reassure yourself that Vanes will win. This is a fact, that Lara in less than 20 fights has fought better opposition than Vanes in 30ish. Even Hernandez is better than anyone Vanes has faced.

WAY too easy if you ask me. That straight left and lead right hook of Lara is gonna catch him.

And this...
                    im not doubting him at all, i talk to him a lot and he knows how big of a fight this is for him. I just want some people to open their eyes and not totally dismiss him as a talent because uncle bob has moved him along so slowww... you dont understand how mad he has been because of the GBP and Tr feud that has hurt his chances on a lot of fights and he has even said that TR needs to bring in some more talent to the 154 division...

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Remember, you're asking for who we think will win, not if the fight will be competitive or one-sided.
                      i know which in turn proves my point that Lara is just another hype job NSB has created. Im sorry but beating pwill doesnt instantly turn him into the next SRL like a lot of posters on here like to praise him as such

Comment

Working...
                      X