Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shouldn't really spill this, because it's included in the Dennis portion of the motherlode to come.

But, one of the most stunningly beautiful, enchanting pieces of music he ever wrote and arranged (one of the quad-sound demonstration pieces from the early 70's),

Comment

Great unreleased song Dennis wrote for The Beach Boys through the eyes of a dying soldier in Vietnam. Blondie Chaplin's voice is most prominent, but that's Dennis on the words "The rain's falling down on me..." and "Life is meant to live..." sections.
      This one's long been reported as a 'Holland' outtake, but other sources suggest that it could date from sessions held as much as a year earlier (when Blondie and Ricky first joined the group).

Comment

Another great song Dennis wrote, sung by Carl this time, an outtake from the sessions for the 'Surf's Up' album, eventually seeing official release on the 'Thirty Years Of...' boxset. Stunning.

Comment

The topside of the wonderful Dennis Wilson and Rumbo 45 issued in Europe in late 1970,

Comment

One of the most incredibly beautiful, still-unreleased Dennis pieces is 'I've Got A Friend'. If memory serves me, a backing track exists for it in the vaults with no vocal. Dennis performed the song at a few Beach Boys dates in 1972, though, venues in Munich and Louvigny among them. I'll have to get it up on youtube.

Comment

More Dennis-penned material with Carl singing lead, from the shelved 'Last Capitol Album' master-reel assembled in '69 ('Reverberation' was the working-title for the LP).
              Solid tune, another that eventually appeared on the 'Thirty Years Of...' boxset,

Comment

A wonderful backing track Dennis oversaw the production and arrangement of during the '20/20' sessions (within the same spell that produced 'Be With Me' and 'All I Want To Do'),

Comment

Another from the same period as the one above (a continuation of his collaborations with Steve Kalinich on the 'Friends' album, 'Be Still' and the sumptuous 'Little Bird'), eventually released on 'Hawthorne, CA...',

Comment

A ditty Dennis wrote and cut in '71, intended for a sun-tan lotion ad (IIRC) and sung by Blondie, never released officially,

Comment

Another Dennis-penned tune cut during the 6 months of sessions in '69 that produced the shelved 'Last Capitol Album' master (although this song was left off the reel), still unreleased,

Comment

Working...
                      X