Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does The Winner Of The 168lbs Tourney Deserve The #1 Spot P4P??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does The Winner Of The 168lbs Tourney Deserve The #1 Spot P4P??

I think its fair, the man will unificate, clean half of the division's elites (Bute, Balzay and Green are out of it so they can get a chance later).
    The winner will take the crown in the best division of boxing these days.. should be P4P #1

You are seriously comfortable with the guy who wins that tourney going ahead of say Manny and JMM?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      You are seriously comfortable with the guy who wins that tourney going ahead of say Manny and JMM?
      yes I am.. Pacquiao and Marquez will not last 3 more years boxing so I expect the winner (the tourney will end likely in 2011) P4P #1.. Does it make sense??

Comment

there's dawson and williams looking in though so we shall see... then in the lower weight classes u have juanma.. hard to tell with all the talent now in boxing..

Comment

no
          the winner of the tourny can't even consider himself the undisputed man in the division because the credible IBF + WBO titlists are not involved.

Comment

this tourney isn't going to work out. honestly, now. what if Abraham gets some crazy good KO. His marketability will shoot through the roof... and what happens if HBO steps in and wants Abraham vs Pavlik? boxing matches fall apart from the smallest of things... I don't see how this is going to be 100% successful.

Comment

Originally posted by pigdestroyer View Post
              this tourney isn't going to work out. honestly, now. what if Abraham gets some crazy good KO. His marketability will shoot through the roof... and what happens if HBO steps in and wants Abraham vs Pavlik? boxing matches fall apart from the smallest of things... I don't see how this is going to be 100% successful.
              you like Pigdestroyer?

Comment

Originally posted by pigdestroyer View Post
                I'm pretty sure there's a contractual obligation to Showtime until the tournament has run its course.

Comment

I dont think in 2 years Juanma could face high quality fighters like the winner of the tourney will.. Paul will not have many decent fighters in his record in 2 years period, and Dawson could face Pascal and I dont know why I think Pascal will beat him!

Comment

Best to hold off any p4p proclamations until we see who wins and how they do it.

Theoretically, with the scoring format, we could see 1st and 2nd seeded semifinalists with 3-0 records lose to 3rd and 4th seeded semifinalists who only went 1-2 in the first round of fights, meaning whoever won the tournament could do so with a less-than-impressive 3-2 record, potentially having been KO'd twice. It would make for a great comeback story but not necessarily elevate him to the top of the p4p list.

Comment

Working...
                    X