Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it still bothers me when haters say pacman CHERRY PICKED a weight drained dela hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
    Yea Klitschko is a HW Mayweather is a WW, Manny is a JWW he would be moving 1 weight class up, why not fight them in their weight? and not saying he cherry picked anyone.

hahaha mayweather a WW dont even want to fight those guys.. and you want manny a JWW to fight them.. who's cherry picking..

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMan View Post
      the same reason mayweather would never fight klitschko..
      there is a difference between a total IDIOT a winnable underdog

BUT STILL NOT CHERRY PICKING !
      Then why doesn't he fight guys his size like Guzman, Campbell, Casamayor etc? Why is his Team instead negotiating catch-weights against WW?

Comment

De La Hoya was so confident of himself that he thought he can beat Pacquiao even when he weighs less than Manny on fight night. He wants to prove he can win not as the bigger guy but the better boxer.

Floyd Sr. said himself that Oscar doesn't need a trainier to win against Pacquiao. But still there was Nacho and Dundee to make sure Oscar is at his best and both of them predicted victory just before the fight.

Roach trained Oscar for Mayweather and perhaps feels he cannot pull the trigger anymore, yet he only lost by SD to Floyd---considered the best of the best at the time, and a bigger guy than Pacquiao.

The heavily underdog Pacquiao took a great risk in fighting Oscar who even boast he felt stronger and energetic at 147. Watch the 24/7 again and see how Team De La Hoya was so confident of victory. Go and re-read all forums and see how 90% of all non-Pac huggers call the fight a sham, a circus, a fraud, etc. A Congressman from the Philippines even attempted to stop the fight for fear Pacquiao may suffer great injury if not death.

Fact is, Pacquiao prepared for the fight of his life knowing fully well Oscar may come in around 157 to 160 pounds during the fight while he will only weigh 147 to 149 pounds.

That alone should tell us Pac didn't cherry pick.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMan View Post
          hahaha mayweather a WW dont even want to fight those guys.. and you want manny a JWW to fight them.. who's cherry picking..
          I have been saying Mayweather needs to fight WWs, WWs vs WWs and JWW vs JWW, but if they are saying Manny can fight Cotto or Mosley it has to be at 142 thats bull, he fought Oscar at 147, if he does fight them why not at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
            Then why doesn't he fight guys his size like Guzman, Campbell, Casamayor etc? Why is his Team instead negotiating catch-weights against WW?
            because those guys are sooooooooo goooooood! NOT
            it also about money and we all know that..

bottom line is pacquiao didnt cherry picked dela hoya..

end of the story..

Comment

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
              Ok explain why Manny isn't willing to fight Mosley or Cotto at 147?
              Sure, the same reason Floyd doesn't fight at 154 (where he fought oscar). They do not belong inthose divisions, they only did it for oscar. hope that clears this up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
                Sure, the same reason Floyd doesn't fight at 154 (where he fought oscar). They do not belong inthose divisions, they only did it for oscar. hope that clears this up for you.
                Must mean Floyd cherry picked DLH. But then they also claim Oscar was the best in the world at 154 at the time. But then they go on to say that Floyd is too small to face a really good welterweight, but then they say Floyd cannot make 140 anymore. It's enough to make your head hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
                  Then why bother asking for a catch weight against Shane and Cotto? According to your logic, he shouldn't be fighting those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by boojee View Post
                    Only an idiot would say that. Roach and Pac was ready to fight a 160+lbs dela hoya. Oscar just made it easier for Pac to execute the game plan by coming in at 145lbs on fight night. because Oscar is an idiot.

even if oscar decided to fork out $3 million penalty for being 3 lbs over the limit and weigh in at 150 lbs at weigh in. he still would have gotten whoop.

I agree he would have still lost (Forbes fight was at exactly 150 and he didn't look good.) but I get the feeling that if he came in over 147lbs Roach would not have let Manny fight him. Part of the reason they put that in the contract is because they know Oscar likes money and won't want to give any of it up.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksocks View Post
                      De La Hoya was so confident of himself that he thought he can beat Pacquiao even when he weighs less than Manny on fight night. He wants to prove he can win not as the bigger guy but the better boxer.

Floyd Sr. said himself that Oscar doesn't need a trainier to win against Pacquiao. But still there was Nacho and Dundee to make sure Oscar is at his best and both of them predicted victory just before the fight.

Roach trained Oscar for Mayweather and perhaps feels he cannot pull the trigger anymore, yet he only lost by SD to Floyd---considered the best of the best at the time, and a bigger guy than Pacquiao.

The heavily underdog Pacquiao took a great risk in fighting Oscar who even boast he felt stronger and energetic at 147. Watch the 24/7 again and see how Team De La Hoya was so confident of victory. Go and re-read all forums and see how 90% of all non-Pac huggers call the fight a sham, a circus, a fraud, etc. A Congressman from the Philippines even attempted to stop the fight for fear Pacquiao may suffer great injury if not death.

Fact is, Pacquiao prepared for the fight of his life knowing fully well Oscar may come in around 157 to 160 pounds during the fight while he will only weigh 147 to 149 pounds.

That alone should tell us Pac didn't cherry pick.
                      I'm glad Manny whooped DLH into retirement for picking on the little guy, but come on dude, you think he is going to say I feel like ****, my sparring partners are kicking my ass, I just can't do it anymore, he is promoting the fight so are his trainers, I'm sure they wanted to stop it before fight night, but it was a MEGA FIGHT, they had to make some good money so why not put up a show? As much as I dislike Floyd, I have to agree with him on the Oscar thing, when he fought him he fought DLH in his weight class 154, with the gloves DLH wanted, when fighting Pacquiao he had to go down and agree with the gloves they wanted, if Manny fought Oscar at 154 trust me, Manny would have either been KO'd or if he by some miracle won, he would not be the same fighter, that isn't hate my friend that is fact and last but not least I think when people say he cherry-picks is he chooses to fight people beneath their weight class so he can have the advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X