• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good lookin Ice

def will be coppin it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      Dawson Diary Entry Flashback:
      March 18, 2005: Chad sparred ten rounds with the very durable Whitley twins, Derrick and Darrin. Today was the first day of this camp that Chad seemed like the training and the attempts to make 160 are wearing on him. He is in very good shape, threw a lot of punches and worked hard, but he still has some ways to go to make 160. If I have anything to say about it this will be his last fight as a middleweight!! We should be targeting Joe Calzaghe (or Jeff Lacy) instead of Jermaine Taylor.
      bad chad musta been quite "slim" at just 160. any pics of him at that weight?

Comment

Iceman, looking forward to your Boxing News feature. Hear you have some interesting takes on upcoming fights.

Comment

Is that the magazine in the UK??? I have something coming up with them pretty soon I think...I need to get a subscription. GOOD MAGAZINE

Is this the mag in the UK u are talking about..boxing news? Or is it Boxing Monthly??
          Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 10-17-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Is that the magazine in the UK??? I have something coming up with them pretty soon I think...I need to get a subscription. GOOD MAGAZINE

Is this the mag in the UK u are talking about..boxing news? Or is it Boxing Monthly??
            Is it???

Comment

Comment

Special exclusive Iceman Diary entries concerning Bad Chad for you...

March 8, 2005: Today is the 24th anniversary of "The Fight: Ali-Frazier."

Brought Chad up to Massachusetts to spar six rounds today. Boxing is the type of game where as good as you think a guy is when you see him in a real fight, you should see him in the gym when he really puts it all together. Chad is like a lot of guys. Sometimes you watch him in real fights and he is a good boxer that puts his punches together very well and lands with some solid power at times but is more of a break-you-down type of guy. When he is sharp though, training for a fight and in top shape, willing to sit down more on his punches and commit to them? You get the feeling he could literally kill somebody in the gym. A lot of guys are like that. Most boxers can tell you about a guy that you maybe never heard of, a guy that isn't champion or famous but in the gym, when he is on his game, he could really do some damage to even top flight fighters. And Chad is like a lot of good fighters. He is a very good professional but in the gym he is even more dangerous. If he ever reaches his full potential in fights like he can in the gym? Watch out!

March 12, 2005: Took Chad to spar with a solid light heavyweight today. He did eight rounds and looked SUPER SHARP today. A lot of the little things we have been working on are starting to come very naturally for him now. They are becoming habits. Great to see!! His conditioning is very good and he feels strong, too. I actually need to hold him back a bit now. Don't want him to peak too soon.

Comment

Thanks for posting Iceman. Did you have to work on Dawson's left hand a lot? Considering he's a natural right hander.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                    Thanks for posting Iceman. Did you have to work on Dawson's left hand a lot? Considering he's a natural right hander.
                    I worked hard specifically on Chad's left hand to the body...when I first started training him he had what all southpaws pretty much have and that is good RIGHT hand to the body...he's tall like Hearns and I always was super impressed with Tommy's leverage that he got when digging body shots (Hearns is very underrated when it comes to body shots)...I started having Chad dig the left hand more compact and intently to better set up the right hook inside...and literally the first day we worked on it he visibly hurt a very solid pro 168 poundeer to the body on that side...after the sparring the guy even made mention of that specific punch...

Comment

I worked hard specifically on Chad's left hand to the body...when I first started training him he had what all southpaws pretty much have and that is good RIGHT hand to the body...he's tall like Hearns and I always was super impressed with Tommy's leverage that he got when digging body shots (Hearns is very underrated when it comes to body shots)...I started having Chad dig the left hand more compact and intently to better set up the right hook inside...and literally the first day we worked on it he visibly hurt a very solid pro 168 poundeer to the body on that side...after the sparring the guy even made mention of that specific punch...
                      Thanks for the information.

I definitely agree about Hearns' body punching ability, very good body puncher, it's something he doesn't get much credit for. Come to think of it, Dawson does throw body shots like Hearns.

Comment

Working...
                      X