Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who deserves to be in the top ten p4p and who should be ranked higher? Thurman or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
    My top 10 currently:

1. Crawford
    2. Lomachenko
    3. Ward
    4. Kovalev
    5. Pacquiao
    6. Rigondeaux
    7. GGG
    8. Canelo
    9. Thurman
    10. Joshua/Santa Cruz/Gonzalez/or Mikey Garcia for final spot
    Good names but for me... Crawford is not no. 1. Ward is and Rigondeaux is way too inactive and hasn't had a good fight in a looooong time.

But hey, to each his own. Good list

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      not a bad list at all....Crawford and loma should be top 5 as far as talent and skills but they are not as tested as ward, kov, at the highest level...other than that pretty much how it should be or close....great list really
      Yeah, If Ward or Kovalev beats the other convincingly than one of them will get the #1 spot on my list. The other will stay in the top 5 since you can't really lower someones ranking losing to another top 5 fighter. And I have Crawford/Lomachenko at 1 & 2 since they've been completely flawless in all their recent fights. I'll also add that if Spence beats Brook easily than I'd give him the #10 spot since Brook is definitely a top 15 P4P fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
        Good names but for me... Crawford is not no. 1. Ward is and Rigondeaux is way too inactive and hasn't had a good fight in a looooong time.

But hey, to each his own. Good list
        True, Rigondeaux has been a bit inactive but on skills alone he deserves to be on it. I just don't see anyone around his weight division beating him regardless of inactivity. And I can't put Ward at #1 until after seeing what happens in the rematch with Kovalev. If he wins without question than he would be #1 on my list.

Comment

True, Rigondeaux has been a bit inactive but on skills alone he deserves to be on it. I just don't see anyone around his weight division beating him regardless of inactivity. And I can't put Ward at #1 until after seeing what happens in the rematch with Kovalev. If he wins without question than he would be #1 on my list.
          True that.

Comment

Yeah, If Ward or Kovalev beats the other convincingly than one of them will get the #1 spot on my list. The other will stay in the top 5 since you can't really lower someones ranking losing to another top 5 fighter. And I have Crawford/Lomachenko at 1 & 2 since they've been completely flawless in all their recent fights. I'll also add that if Spence beats Brook easily than I'd give him the #10 spot since Brook is definitely a top 15 P4P fighter.
            I agree...whoever wins the rematch with ward and kov, convincingly should be the definite # 1

no other proven, legit, p4p fighters are even fighting each other

GGG isn't on my list(YET), Canelo is but its the closest that we have to the another pair of p4p guys banging it out....GGG wins, he will firmly make my p4p

Comment

Thurman's resume is better than GGG's

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                rigo is a great fighter with piss poor promo...takes nothing away from his formidable skills
                brook is two divisions smaller. that would be like thurman beating a guy who jumped up from 135

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  That's the same thread actually.
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=746645
                  Different names, but the point remains
                  The fact is, the manner how a fighter gets the win matters too, that's why boxers like Crawford and Golovkin are higher on p4p lists, not to mention that they're dominating their divisions
                  Damn why we talk about that? Rigondeaux is still on p4p list based only on eye test and the fight that happened 4 years ago

dominating? the manner in the way the get the win.... how can you say that with a straight face. The only decent opponent that GGG ever faced, he barely squeaked by in a decision win. he didnt dominate chit but a bunch of cab drivers

Comment

I think of it this way... If you're the man in your division then you're a top P4P fighter.. Or if you have a legacy built and are still considered a top fighter.. I'm not familiar with the tiny guys like 107 lbs, those are mostly some Japanese fellas who are smaller than my 10 year old son so don't really figure they'd be P4P.

Rigo was clearly the best at 122, everyone jumped ship to avoid him
                    126 you have Frampton,Leo,Russel Jr, Selby as champs. Nobody stands out to me of those 4 as being dominant.
                    130 Lomachenko has looked amazing recently, still doesn't have the big name wins but skills wise he's amazing
                    135 Garcia is a great fighter, had a long layoff unfortunately but he's coming back strong
                    140 is all Bud Crawford, maybe the best fighter in the game
                    147 PAC,Thurman, Brook, Spence, Garcia, Porter. Right now Thurman is the man but next weeks fight may prove that wrong depending on how one of them win it. PAC obviously has the legendary career and still shows he can beat anyone not on the absolute elite level
                    154 Andrade,Lara,Charlo,Hurd ehhh they're all good but besides Hurd I'd say the other 3 would be in 50-50 fights against each other.
                    160 Canelo,Jacobs,GGG. Right now GGG is the man but Canelo brings the decent resume up with him
                    168. Nobody matters here
                    175 Ward and Kovalev. Probably deserve to be numbers 1-2 P4P
                    -200 nobody matters right now. Some good young guys but still early for them
                    Heavyweight. Nobody P4P but some great match ups ahead if the champs stay undefeated in the next year or so.

I'd go
                    1. Kovalev only because I had him winning by a point
                    2. Ward
                    3. Lomachenko based on skill set if they all were same size
                    4. Crawford... Kid is dynamite in the ring
                    5. GGG ...getting older but still undefeated and a great fighter
                    6. Thurman.. Good wins in the last year and willing to fight anyone it seems
                    7. Canelo.. Has a couple good names on his resume albeit disputed in people's minds. Looks to be getting better but he's faced some sub par competitors since Lara
                    8. Rigo...just doesn't fight nearly enough.
                    9. Roman Gonzales.. Great little man but bit off more than he could chew at that weight class even though I thought he won that fight you can see he's way too small there.
                    10. Pacquiao ...lost to Floyd and Marquez in like the last 10 years. 2 hall of famers and one of them the best of this era. Still shows he can beat guys easily that are young champions maybe not elite level though. Still deserves to be in here

I'm probably missing someone off the top of my head.... Agree or disagree?

Comment

1. Ward
                      2. Kovalev
                      3. Lomachenko
                      4. Crawford
                      5. GGG
                      6. Chocolatito
                      7. Mikey
                      8. Thurman
                      9. Canelo
                      10 Joshua

Ward-Kov II is still for pfp supremacy imo cant wait for it

Comment

Working...
                      X