Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Pacquiao is The Only Fight We're Really Looking For

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    My prediction is this will be a boring fight. Crawford will try to box on the outside and use a lot of movement. Manny will have to chase him all night. It will be a fight of counter-punching which will see two opponents of equal power and an edge in quickness to Pac. It will go 12 rounds and neither man will look like he was in a fight. Tough to call a winner since Crawford has never been in with anyone on Manny's level, and Manny has been on the downslide of his career. As a style match-up I don't see this being a very entertaining fight.
    This is an unbelievable prediction.

You have long touted Manny's entertainment value. In almost all his fights, except one, he punches frequently and goes in and out. He gets hit often because he keeps his hands down as he goes for the ko.

Crawford continually punches and comes forward trying to hurt his opponent. He gets hit often since he isn't a defensive fighter.

Sounds like the recipe for a KO or TKO. There is no reason to think Crawford would change his style to an ultra defensive one should they meet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      This is an unbelievable prediction.

You have long touted Manny's entertainment value. In almost all his fights, except one, he punches frequently and goes in and out. He gets hit often because he keeps his hands down as he goes for the ko.

Crawford continually punches and comes forward trying to hurt his opponent. He gets hit often since he isn't a defensive fighter.

Sounds like the recipe for a KO or TKO. There is no reason to think Crawford would change his style to an ultra defensive one should they meet.
      Crawford chose to play it safe in the last few rounds of the Postol fight instead of close the show like a champ. He chose "movement" instead of finishing strong. Postol is an easy target, Manny isn't. I don't think Crawford rushes in or tries to get inside, I see him in constant motion, circling and jabbing. Launching an occasional right hand or uppercut from a distance. Missing a lot of his punches but the ones that land are effective and scoring. He hasn't fought anyone on Pac's level yet. I think that is a fair statement. Manny is not Felix Diaz or Gamboa. He's certainly not Postol, whose nose he broke in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
        Again?! This guy is unbelievable, so now he wants to go to 147, and who does he call out, Thurman? Porter? Garcia? No, no, no, we want the 40 year old on his retirement tour. Disgrace, this guy is just picking and choosing and the boxing world is over it.
        He did call out Thurman. Thurman is injured. The Brook-Spence winner is more likely to get Thurman because it's an easier fight to make. Just like Pacquiao-Crawford is an easy fight to make. Same promoter. Same network. No excuses.

Comment

Crawford chose to play it safe in the last few rounds of the Postol fight instead of close the show like a champ. He chose "movement" instead of finishing strong. Postol is an easy target, Manny isn't. I don't think Crawford rushes in or tries to get inside, I see him in constant motion, circling and jabbing. Launching an occasional right hand or uppercut from a distance. Missing a lot of his punches but the ones that land are effective and scoring. He hasn't fought anyone on Pac's level yet. I think that is a fair statement. Manny is not Felix Diaz or Gamboa. He's certainly not Postol, whose nose he broke in sparring.
          Huh? he had a huge lead over Postol who all but quit. You really think the last 2 rounds says more than the first 10?

Even if TC didn't press for the KO, it makes no sense that you would base your judgement on that one performance and not the 31 others he's had.

No one is suggesting Manny is Diaz or the other guys. No he hasn't fought anyone on Manny's level yet. Those facts don't determine how he will fight, his past performances does.

At a minimum a fair assessment of how TC will perform should be based on how he has fought his whole career. He is high risk, low reward for Manny. His style suggests more of a Morales/Manny fight than a Floyd/manny fight.

Lets see if Crawford can handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Huh? he had a huge lead over Postol who all but quit. You really think the last 2 rounds says more than the first 10?

Even if TC didn't press for the KO, it makes no sense that you would base your judgement on that one performance and not the 31 others he's had.

No one is suggesting Manny is Diaz or the other guys. No he hasn't fought anyone on Manny's level yet. Those facts don't determine how he will fight, his past performances does.

At a minimum a fair assessment of how TC will perform should be based on how he has fought his whole career. He is high risk, low reward for Manny. His style suggests more of a Morales/Manny fight than a Floyd/manny fight.

Lets see if Crawford can handle it.
            Actually, there are plenty of fanboys claiming Crawford is just going to walk through Manny and KO him into retirement. I'm saying, based upon quality level of past opponents I don't see him fighting the same way he did Molina or Diaz. Remember he went the distance with Burns who has very little power and isn't in the same league as Manny. If he comes to fight like Morales, he's in for a long night. I think he is smarter than that and will take this fight to the outside and use his height and reach advantage.

Comment

Actually, there are plenty of fanboys claiming Crawford is just going to walk through Manny and KO him into retirement. I'm saying, based upon quality level of past opponents I don't see him fighting the same way he did Molina or Diaz. Remember he went the distance with Burns who has very little power and isn't in the same league as Manny. If he comes to fight like Morales, he's in for a long night. I think he is smarter than that and will take this fight to the outside and use his height and reach advantage.
              Those fights were a while ago. Crawford is a significantly better fighter than he was then.

Why would he be in for a long night? As you stated he would be the bigger fighter with the longer reach. He is highly skilled and is a damn good boxer/puncher. He has all the tools to beat Manny so i can see why people think he would win easily even though I don't think so at all.

You seem to be saying, without saying it, that Crawford might beat Manny in the way Raheem beat Morales. That was dominating but not boring.

I don't see how this fight would be boring except if you are would be rooting for Manny and Crawford just beat the piss out of him, which isn't likely IMO.

Comment

How is it that a fight with Pac is the ONLY fight Crawford is looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                  How is it that a fight with Pac is the ONLY fight Crawford is looking for?
                  I'm pretty sure he said "Pacquiao, if not Pac then Indongo or anybody", paraphrasing.

It sounds like he's saying that Pacquiao is the only guy he's calling out, but otherwise he's down for any fighter.

Comment

Why not indongo then manny?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I'm pretty sure he said "Pacquiao, if not Pac then Indongo or anybody", paraphrasing.

It sounds like he's saying that Pacquiao is the only guy he's calling out, but otherwise he's down for any fighter.
                      Yes, but initially he said that Pac is the only fight that he's really looking for. He threw the rest in afterwards to clean it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X