Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those comparing this to Cotto-Martinez, Cotto actually beat-up the injured Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those comparing this to Cotto-Martinez, Cotto actually beat-up the injured Martinez

Tell me in what round Bellew actually seriously hurts Haye? Yes in round 6 with it looked to me like Haye might have been hurt, but after seeing his cognitive state in the corner after the bell and how he proceeded in the next round, Haye was never seriously hurt, despite being at times a defenseless punching bag.

Martinez couldn't hand Cotto's power when defenseless, Haye seemed to be actually trying to knock Bellew out despite being almost paralyzed, there's a few rounds where he comes forward with hands down, Bellew just stares at him afraid to get countered. Cotto pounded the injured Martinez, Bellew looked like he literally didn't have the power to finish this fight at all, I'd like to see somebody put a gif together of all the flash punches that landed on a broken Haye, yet still coming forward looking for the knockout.

I was a bigger supporter of Bellew coming in to this fight and really was hoping for him to win, but to Haye's credit, i'd like to see a rematch now after seeing how Haye seems to have developed a granite chin.

Martinez was injured from the opening bell. Haye wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
      Martinez was injured from the opening bell. Haye wasn't.
      I'm not talking about the timing of the injury, i'm referring to the state of the fight post-injury. Bellew stood infront of Haye, seemingly afraid to engage. When he did engage, he seemed to lack the power to hurt Haye. Cotto certainly showed the power to hurt Martinez, Martinez clearly looked in danger of getting seriously stretched out. But what happened in this fight post-injury? There was a serious lack of conviction or some kind of fear that Bellew displayed that made me less of a fan.

Comment

I noticed the same thing. Bellew didn't have enough pop or accuracy to hurt Haye.

Cotto had the power, and the accuracy to punish Martinez.

To play devil's advocate Martinez couldn't move side to side, or move much at all thats why he wore the xxxl shorts. At least Haye had one good leg, and could move side to side (his achiles is torn but we don't know to which extent). With a knee injury like Martinez any movement is hard, and he couldn't feel anything on his messed up knee. Without getting any feedback from his knee his balance was messed up more than Haye's was after his injury.

Cotto>Bellew in terms of power+accuracy at the weight classes they fought at their highest weight (160lbs, heavy respectably) and its not even close. Cotto is a hall of famer...enough said

Comment

That fight was Sam Soliman vs Jermain Taylor all over again.

First half Soliman was in control until he did his knee and then he could barely stand on it.

Comment

Working...
          X