Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs on The Verge of Being Ordered?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
    this is unfortunate.....i dont hold jacobs to a high enuf standard to beat ggg....

canelo nad quillin would have beat ggg easily tho

after ggg ko's jacobs the hypetrain will be at its peak,ugh
    Peter " i couldn't beat Andy lee and just got KTFO'd in the first round " Quillin would beat GGG easily ? :lol:

Comment

I wouldn't mind GGG-Jacobs if Canelo wants to fight a different 160 opponent first. ᤾

Comment

Originally posted by alexander28 View Post
        Canelo "FakeNelo" also known as the paper champ will never fight GGG.
        FakeNelo? Dude, that's just lazy humor.
        But yeah, Álvarez is not likely to challenge Golovkin until at least late next year.

Comment

"Golovkin-Jacobs is now the biggest fight in the division".

Eh?? Last time I looked Boxing Scene has Canelo as the Middleweight Champion and Golovkin as the no.1 contender.

Either get your statements right or remove Canelo from his 'champion' status

Comment

this is unfortunate.....i dont hold jacobs to a high enuf standard to beat ggg....

whatever you smoking, I want some. must be some STRONG stuff

WBA is such a wack organization. 3 to 4 "champions" in a weight class. It grinds my gears to hear people refer to these secondary/tertiary/quaternary titles as "world titles" smh.

Comment

What do you mean Canelo would have beaten GGG ??

- damn coward has the chance to do it dangling in front of him

Comment

hopefully HBO step up to the plate and this doesn't result in golovkin having to vacate

Comment

Only when the belt awarding bodies aren't dependent on sanctioning fees for financing will the interim belts and all that bullshit disappear. In fact, fixing boxing's worst problems has a lot to do with how the ranking bodies are funded.

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
                    Peter " i couldn't beat Andy lee and just got KTFO'd in the first round " Quillin would beat GGG easily ? :lol:
                    Those two fighters are better than anything GGG has fought thus far so we really don't know if he could or couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      hopefully HBO step up to the plate and this doesn't result in golovkin having to vacate

Well it sounds like the Tureano Johnson fight in February/March could be the final fight in Golovkin's HBO contract. Even if HBO wouldn't previously allow GGG to fight off HBO in the event he loses a purse bid, I would imagine K2 would add that provision going forward.

The deal calls for a minimum of four fights, although the Geale bout was the first one under the contract. The agreement also has provisions for overseas fights and potential pay-per-view fights, meaning there could be far more than four bouts. The bottom line is that all of Golovkin’s fights, wherever they may take place, will be on HBO or HBO PPV for the foreseeable future.
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...exclusive-deal

Comment

Working...
                      X