No announcement yet.

Denis boytsov needed all the help he could get to beat timur musafarov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denis boytsov needed all the help he could get to beat timur musafarov

that was a great fight especially by musafarov. once again ingo barrabus shows why he is the best ref\judge in Europe.he had it 5 rounds to 5 but the point taken from musafarov was the difference. the other judges were way off. boytsov also had the help of the ref as he was terrible & was way too much of a factor. he was stopping action way too much & warning timur about everything. all boytsov did for the 2nd half of the fight was back pedal & hold. he was clearly out of gas other then a little spurt in the 9th. timur looked like a guy who had more then 8 fights. he was busted up but he walked thru everything boytsov threw. he lost a split decision to erkan teper his previous fight so he has been matched hard early in his career. the showed great heart & I want to see him again. denis boytsov may have gone as far as he can get. mybe he lost power in those hands after all the injuries because his KO record must come into question now. sauerland may have to re-evaluate how far he can take him. I think boytsov has been overrated some. he beat some good journeymen but he has struggled against others. i'm not sure if he will win another significant fight at this point. he is small & has questionable stamina. I had it 95-94 boytsov only because of the point deduction. boytsov should not have this much trouble against a novice with pro fights. on the other hand maybe timur is a better fighter then his experience shows. timur impressed me in this fight...

I watched the first couple of rounds to this fight, was bored and turned it off. Boytsov seems to have bulked up a lot and wasn't as agile as he used to be circa 2009-2010. At one point, he was one of the hottest prospects in the hw division but his career never really took off as inactivity and medicre matchmaking held him back.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I watched the first couple of rounds to this fight, was bored and turned it off. Boytsov seems to have bulked up a lot and wasn't as agile as he used to be circa 2009-2010. At one point, he was one of the hottest prospects in the hw division but his career never really took off as inactivity and medicre matchmaking held him back.
      the fight actually gets pretty good mid rounds when timur starts throwing. he was pretty physical too. a few elbows, a couple times he lead with his head & threw boytsov down twice. still the ref was a pain in the butt. he never let the fight flow freely but it turned into a decent scrap in my opinion. just hard to get past boytsov having over 30 fights & timur 8...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        the fight actually gets pretty good mid rounds when timur starts throwing. he was pretty physical too. a few elbows, a couple times he lead with his head & threw boytsov down twice. still the ref was a pain in the butt. he never let the fight flow freely but it turned into a decent scrap in my opinion. just hard to get past boytsov having over 30 fights & timur 8...
        The Refs in Germany IMO are overly involved in the fights and do not let fighters fight their way out of the clinch. They're way too quick to break fighters apart

Comment

Dont know whats happened to Boytsov guy was a beast up and coming now he just looks unmotivated and abit fat compared to before.

Needs to get his act right or become a gatekeeper.
          Last edited by Accountoffline; 09-01-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
            Dont know whats happened to Boytsov guy was a beast up and coming now he just looks unmotivated and abit fat compared to before.

Needs to get his act right or become a gatekeeper.
            he looked to be in better shape then he was against leapai. musafarov actually fought a pretty good fight for a novice. as I said in the thread he lost a split decision to erkan teper who looks to have a serious HW punch. boytsov & teper are no easy assignments for a guy with 8 fights. he went the distance with both. teper ko'd sprott & rogan in the 1st round. i'm already thinking boytsov is a C+. beats most of the journeymen but won't beat anyone in the top 20...

Comment

Working...
            X