No announcement yet.

Next Amateur Fight - Jan 22nd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Amateur Fight - Jan 22nd

Looks like I got matched up for my next amateur fight (will be my first USA boxing amateur since my last fight my opponent didn't show). Just waiting on official confirmation that they accepted as well.

I'm in week 6 of my camp and am just about to begin my taper.

good

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    Looks like I got matched up for my next amateur fight (will be my first USA boxing amateur since my last fight my opponent didn't show). Just waiting on official confirmation that they accepted as well.

Nice to hear, good luck for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
      Nice to hear, good luck for the fight.
      Thanks man! Appreciate it.

Comment

Best of luck for the fight, man! i) How has training been so far? ii) Any idea who you're up against?

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
          Best of luck for the fight, man! i) How has training been so far? ii) Any idea who you're up against?
          Training has been good. I feel that I'm better than I was last camp overall (conditioning, strength, timing, technique), but I am dealing with some minor injuries that I've been sort of pushing through. Have another massage coming up and have been icing, contrast baths all that. Nose is almost at 100% again which is good. Overall feeling ready. Only a couple hard sessions left and the rest is cake.

Dude is like 19 or 20, is 2-0 as an amateur. A couple inches taller than me but a little thinner and the same weight.

Comment

Training has been good. I feel that I'm better than I was last camp overall (conditioning, strength, timing, technique), but I am dealing with some minor injuries that I've been sort of pushing through. Have another massage coming up and have been icing, contrast baths all that. Nose is almost at 100% again which is good. Overall feeling ready. Only a couple hard sessions left and the rest is cake.

Dude is like 19 or 20, is 2-0 as an amateur. A couple inches taller than me but a little thinner and the same weight.
            Is the fight in the Twin Cities?

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              Is the fight in the Twin Cities?
              Medina ballroom. So just outside the twin cities not too far.

I got matchup notification from Lisa, we have accepted the matchup and technically are waiting on confirmation from the other side, but I don't think there are really any other fighters available to matchup with in our weightclass and the fight is less than 2 weeks away. Should have 100% confirmation prob by tomorrow.

https://webpoint.usaboxing.org/wp15/...?EventID=22366
              Last edited by tcbender; 01-10-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

When you say camp do you mean a more rigorous training and nutrition routine in the build-up to a fight or are you actually going away somewhere and training full-time? Would be interesting to get an idea of your preparation for the bout - Should have my first fight later this year, so interested in learning all I can.

Oh and if he’s 20 - how old are you? More outta curiosity than anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
                  When you say camp do you mean a more rigorous training and nutrition routine in the build-up to a fight or are you actually going away somewhere and training full-time? Would be interesting to get an idea of your preparation for the bout - Should have my first fight later this year, so interested in learning all I can.

Oh and if he’s 20 - how old are you? More outta curiosity than anything else!
                  I don't travel away, but do an 8 week camp leading up to the fight. It's fairly regimented based and goes through blocks sort of.
                  First block (2-3 weeks) upping general strength and conditioning and getting used to working out multiple times a day. General building up for the hard training that is to come. Week 3 is a bit of a de-load before going into the next harder block.
                  Second block (2-3 weeks) Introduce a lot of plyometrics and stopping weight training as the block progresses. Lot of sparring and work with the trainer.
                  Third block (2 weeks) Where I'm at now basically. This is just tapering down for the fight. Only like 2 more intense sessions, no more sparring, lot of active rest. Still high intensity but shorter duration.

I could get more in depth at some point if you wanted.

I still work, but I train almost full time (multiple sessions a day. 2-3 hours in the boxing gym and an hr or so in the normal gym or running).

I'm 28, so a bit older.

Comment

I don't travel away, but do an 8 week camp leading up to the fight. It's fairly regimented based and goes through blocks sort of.
                    First block (2-3 weeks) upping general strength and conditioning and getting used to working out multiple times a day. General building up for the hard training that is to come. Week 3 is a bit of a de-load before going into the next harder block.
                    Second block (2-3 weeks) Introduce a lot of plyometrics and stopping weight training as the block progresses. Lot of sparring and work with the trainer.
                    Third block (2 weeks) Where I'm at now basically. This is just tapering down for the fight. Only like 2 more intense sessions, no more sparring, lot of active rest. Still high intensity but shorter duration.

I could get more in depth at some point if you wanted.

I still work, but I train almost full time (multiple sessions a day. 2-3 hours in the boxing gym and an hr or so in the normal gym or running).

I'm 28, so a bit older.
                    Thanks for the insight. Right now I'm personally only training around 3-5 times a week, so wanted to get an idea of what a pre-fight training programme should look like. I have to say - Impressive stuff! If I'm serious about competing locally, I guess I'll eventually have to get used to the idea of training twice a day AM/PM at least a few times per week. Good to know stuff like that so I can psychologically build myself up. Let us know how the rest of training and, of course, how the actual fight goes. All the best!

Comment

Working...
                    X