5 Hearns
    6 Leonard
    7 Langford
    8 Gans
    9 Benny Leonard
    10 Duran
    11 Benitez

Comment

There many in each division, but few who could replicate his weight jump success.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        1 Robinson
        2 Gavalin
        3 Walker
        5 Hearns
        6 Leonard
        7 Langford
        8 Gans
        9 Benny Leonard
        10 Duran
        11 Benitez
        Gans at LW for sure. Armstrong also comes to mind as a very interesting matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by SheenLantern View Post
          You have to pick one fighter, current (lol) or historical to beat prime Floyd.

You can choose to fight Pretty Boy or Money, and the fight will be at 135 or 147 respectively depending on your choice.

Who is your pick?
          Duran when he shows up primed and ready.

Hearns.

The farther back you go though there are a lot of fighters, those guys fought differently, more functionally with less finesse and ****tons of experience from fighting every month.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            There many in each division, but few who could replicate his weight jump success.
            why? Historically he just went from 135 to 147. The in between weight classes didn't exist.

Pacquiao already surpassed him, even if you exclude the 106 lb starting weight as he was a teenager, he was an adult in the 126 lb class for sure and went up and killed guys at 147.

Armstrong was the real dog though, Robinson as well (147 to 160 to 175).

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              why? Historically he just went from 135 to 147. The in between weight classes didn't exist.

Pacquiao already surpassed him, even if you exclude the 106 lb starting weight as he was a teenager, he was an adult in the 126 lb class for sure and went up and killed guys at 147.

Armstrong was the real dog though, Robinson as well (147 to 160 to 175).
              130, not sure why you missed that but true, though to match him and stay undefeated is a tough deal.
              Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-07-2019, 02:36 AM.

Comment

130, not sure why you missed that but true, though to match him and stay undefeated is a tough deal.
                I missed it because 130 wasn't around back in the day (its an inbetween class) and I doubt he would have made 126

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                  I missed it because 130 wasn't around back in the day (its an inbetween class) and I doubt he would have made 126
                  I missed it then really, sorry.

I understand the adherence to historical classes, I use that sometimes.

Comment

I missed it then really, sorry.

I understand the adherence to historical classes, I use that sometimes.
                    like I meant when comparing his weight class jumping you have to take the lowest weight and then his highest weight.

there are 2 times as many classes now so of course he will have "jumped more classes". Jumping from 147 to 160 and winning for example is a much more difficult feat.

Same goes for title belts. He has defeated the most former champions because one in every 69 pro fighters now is a former champion, where as in 1950 one in 625 fighters was a former world champion. Like the olympics, rules change more than records actually are being broken. Pretty sure that guy Canelo hammered was a title holder.

Comment

--- Rocky was the regular WBA champ with Callum Smith winning the WBSS tourney and all the super belts.

Comment

Working...
                      X