No announcement yet.

Eyes closed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes closed

Guys, I’ve been doing some rounds on the double end bag with eyes closed. At first was just messing around, but now doing this daily. Seems to help create a better sense of space and awareness. It’s like you take away the main sense of sight and the other senses must compensate. Also, when your in an actual fight, sometimes you can’t see everything clearly. You may be throwing shots in the direction of where you think is the right spot. Anyone else doing this or heard of this as a part of training? Sounds kind of silly I know

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
    Guys, I’ve been doing some rounds on the double end bag with eyes closed. At first was just messing around, but now doing this daily. Seems to help create a better sense of space and awareness. It’s like you take away the main sense of sight and the other senses must compensate. Also, when your in an actual fight, sometimes you can’t see everything clearly. You may be throwing shots in the direction of where you think is the right spot. Anyone else doing this or heard of this as a part of training? Sounds kind of silly I know

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
      Not sure why I thought about that as well.

Comment

For some reason I thought of this scene from Bloodsport.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ZXOqhfJHk

Comment

u could be on to something

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
            For some reason I thought of this scene from Bloodsport.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ZXOqhfJHk
            Hahaha exactly what came to my mind.

Comment

Haha yeah I remember that from blood sport. it is difficult to think of subjects that haven’t already been thoroughly covered on here.

Comment

Why would you do it with your eyes closed? The eyes are one of the things that the double end bag sharpens. That and timing...……….Rockin'
                Last edited by Rockin'; 01-01-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Like I said, I know it sounds silly. My thought is that would sharpen your sense of space, sensitivity and awareness of your opponent without relying on vision. Especially when you are in the pocket/close in, you cant always completely see shots coming in or where exactly you want your punches to end up. Not that a person would ever actually fight like this. it would be for a training tool only, a couple rounds a day or so. Wouldn't recommend for a beginner, as some have trouble keeping their eyes open when getting punched

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    Why would you do it with your eyes closed? The eyes are one of the things that the double end bag sharpens. That and timing...……….Rockin'
                    Maybe he was trying to do it like the movie Bloodsport

Comment

Working...
                    X