Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would prime Holyfield be the champ in todays HW division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    wtf did I just read.

When did Lewis "dominate" Holyfield exactly?
    Have a look at some punch stats http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Le...d_(1st_meeting)

Did you watch the first fight?

Comment

He would dominate in this era. Due to his size he may not be the #1 guy but he would beat anybody if the day was right. The only guys I think he would have difficulty have retired, Klitschkos.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        You're a ****ing idiot. Riddick Bowe is better than all those guys.
        Riddick Bowe was a size bully, when he fought someone his own size like Golota he got his ass kicked.

Euro boxing was NOT better in the 90's either, Golota would be Kownacki level in this era. Look at any division, Loma is the best Euro fighter in his respective weight class ever, same with Usyk, ggg, Gvozdyk etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          weird post.

first off, you don't see a prime holyfield beat luis ortiz? based on what exactly? haha.

Fury just beat Wilder. and Wilder stylistically is a much much easier fight for Holy.
          Based on him losing to a blown up LHW southpaw like Moorer, by '99 he was also losing to John Ruiz. Also based off the champions in that era losing to very sub par fighters that guys like Wilder/AJ/Fury routinely wipe the floor with.

Holyfield didn't exactly put on a masterclass performance against an old, obese Foreman either, he went in there looking like a very 1 dimensional brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomum View Post
            He would dominate in this era. Due to his size he may not be the #1 guy but he would beat anybody if the day was right. The only guys I think he would have difficulty have retired, Klitschkos.
            He couldn't even dominate John Ruiz or Moorer though, I mean are we hyping up John Ruiz now?

Comment

Hard to say. Holyfield was a PEDs guy all the way. Would he get caught today? He probably would have to back off the drugs a bit, and time it with the testing like Canelo and so many others.

I’m not sure Holyfield could obtain the same massive benefits from the drugs under today’s testing. Maybe so.

Comment

holyfield was an atg no doubt ,dont see any around today at heavyweight ? there way to unproven its an insult to mark them as atgs when they have fought nobodies ! holyfield at his best would be to fast throw to many punches and was far far better conditioned than todays big guys who tire quickly , i see the way he handled buster douglas and see him doing that to bigger guys today he certainly would outgut the softer protected untested cowards of this era who put money and safety over glory ( joshua ).

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
                  and was far far better conditioned
                  This is true. His conditioning was top of the line.

Comment

He’d dominate. Wilder is a bum and would get embarrassed. Joshua and Fury give him some problems. Ortiz would be outclassed of course.

Comment

People saying he would handle the current big men like he did Buster Douglas. Buster is nowhere near the level of these 3 with nowhere near the resume.

Was he on PEDs? Don't care - the playing field was pretty even I'm sure!

He's justifiably a great, but he didn't cope with the big guys. Bowe beat him 2-1 and the winning effort was close. And Big Daddy wasn't Fury sized.

Comment

Working...
                      X