Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: SHO's Farhood: If Broner Wins, Does He Fight Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: SHO's Farhood: If Broner Wins, Does He Fight Mayweather?

Hall of Famer and Showtime Boxing broadcaster Steve Farhood is looking forward to the upcoming fight between Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner. Pacquiao will defend his WBA "regular" welterweight title against Broner on January 19th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think that will be a legit question in a couple weeks.

But if Broner does finally rise to the occasion or Manny just gets old I don't think there'd be much appeal or money in a Money vs About Billions fight.

Hell I'm not sure if Manny wins that Floyd will fight him. I kinda feel like Manny will have been baited & switched & be fighting Thurman or Spence next instead of the Floyd carrot that was dangled in front of him prior to signing with PBC.

Comment

mayweather is retired. and had very recently reconfirmed this. cant people move on?

Comment

I hope not. If Broner wins he should fight Spence or Thurman next. Unfortunately,I think the winner of Broner/Manny fights Floyd in May.

Comment

I can see Broner winning honestly but I don't think Mayweather will be interested in fighting him. If Pacquiao wins I can possibly see Mayweather coming out of retirement yet again for a rematch, but honestly while he obviously likes to get paid and he must still like fighting, I don't think he's too keen on the idea of training hard for big fights. By his own admission he didn't train for either Nasukawa or McGregor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I hope not. If Broner wins he should fight Spence or Thurman next. Unfortunately,I think the winner of Broner/Manny fights Floyd in May.
            You honestly feel Money will jump back in the ring with Manny.
            I have to agree with the poster above I think it was all just a carrot to get Manny to sign with PBC.
            I don't think Floyd has any plans to get back in the ring with legit competition.
            His 0 is a huge brand for him now and I doubt he will gamble with that being taken unless the odds are well in Floyds favour.

Comment

Much more likely to fight a bouncer or the mother of one of his children. But as was already noted this question will be irrelevant in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                I have to agree with the poster above I think it was all just a carrot to get Manny to sign with PBC.
                I don't think Floyd has any plans to get back in the ring with legit competition.
                His 0 is a huge brand for him now and I doubt he will gamble with that being taken unless the odds are well in Floyds favour.
                I hope he doesn’t fight again but I really don’t know. PBC is competing against the apps right now and the #1 product they have is Floyd. Eitjer fight you can expect 1 mil ppvs sold, which is more than anyone else at pbc can do in 3 fights, let alone 1.

Floyd may not be 2-4 mil ppv Floyd anymore but he still loves the needle more than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                  I can see Broner winning honestly but I don't think Mayweather will be interested in fighting him. If Pacquiao wins I can possibly see Mayweather coming out of retirement yet again for a rematch, but honestly while he obviously likes to get paid and he must still like fighting, I don't think he's too keen on the idea of training hard for big fights. By his own admission he didn't train for either Nasukawa or McGregor.
                  He is lying if he said he didn't train for McGregor.
                  He came into the ring fit ready to fight 12 rounds.
                  You have to train to be able to do that.
                  Especially at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                    Originally posted by SkiPete View Post
                    Much more likely to fight a bouncer or the mother of one of his children. But as was already noted this question will be irrelevant in a couple weeks.
                    I do think Floyd will fight the winner and it will, finally, be his last fight.

All the PBC guys will indirectly promote the fight by calling out the winner and there will be a good storyline to sell whether it's Manny or Adrien.

Floyd doesnt have to be great to beat either. If anyone thinks Manny is remotely good anymore they are very confused. Matthyse was made to order as he gets hit in almost all of his fights. Still think Floyd wins a fight versus either although you might see more offense from Floyd than what we're used to...not because Floyd wants to entertain, but he kind of has to fight that way now.

Dont know why so many people hate on Floyd like this chump SkiPete

Hey Pete, Manny hates all ****sexuals and publically praises and supports a mass murderer in the Phillipines...a guy who uses his son to smuggle in hundreds of millions in crystal meth...and give his son a pass while MURDERING drug dealers or even USERS.

That's human life being taken by a dictator. Yet you get mad bc Floyd hit his babys mother?

Some of you white trash are sick lmfao

Comment

Working...
                    X