Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google pulls videos accusing it of election manipulation from YouTube.. which it owns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google pulls videos accusing it of election manipulation from YouTube.. which it owns

Google’s video platform YouTube is apparently no place for content that accuses the tech giant of political bias and election meddling. An expose based on a sting operation was taken down by the company a day after its release.
    The online behemoth found itself in the crosshairs of Project Veritas, a conservative action group that purports to expose pro-liberal biases at various American organizations through sting operations and by publishing leaked material. Its report on Monday claimed that Google deliberately tweaks its search algorithms to promote liberal agendas that it favors, and that this is intended to help “prevent the next Trump situation” in the upcoming elections.

YouTube, the world’s most popular video sharing platform, which is owned by Google, soon took down the videos that were uploaded by Project Veritas, its head James O’Keefe reported. The footage was removed “due to a privacy claim by a third party,” a message now tells anyone trying to view it.

https://www.rt.com/usa/462619-google...eritas-report/

people think government regulation will solve the issue but the video dispels that myth. these big tech companies will hide behind endless amounts of weasel words to bypass rules and regulations. they'll do whatever they want. get off youtube, stop using google, facebook whatever and use other platforms. the free market always wins the day.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
      people think government regulation will solve the issue but the video dispels that myth. these big tech companies will hide behind endless amounts of weasel words to bypass rules and regulations. they'll do whatever they want. get off youtube, stop using google, facebook whatever and use other platforms. the free market always wins the day.
      I'm really disappointed that the conservatives/libertarians and the right didn't create their own Youtube or Facebook. That's what they should have done in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
        I'm really disappointed that the conservatives/libertarians and the right didn't create their own Youtube or Facebook. That's what they should have done in the first place.
        Lol Google would just buy em.

Comment

Google is becoming big government.
          Glad people are at least talking about this.
          Honestly, after this bullshyt, I'm going to try going back to Firefox. I don't use Google's search engine. Going to try to dump as much of their product from my life as possible.

Comment

bitchute is a youtube alternative and gab is a twitter alternative. i believe both websites were founded by libertarians or at the very least not libtards. i'm not aware of any alternatives for facebook atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Google is becoming big government.
              Glad people are at least talking about this.
              Honestly, after this bullshyt, I'm going to try going back to Firefox. I don't use Google's search engine. Going to try to dump as much of their product from my life as possible.
              Originally posted by John Barron View Post
              bitchute is a youtube alternative and gab is a twitter alternative. i believe both websites were founded by libertarians or at the very least not libtards. i'm not aware of any alternatives for facebook atm.
              Or you could not use it. Ya know?

Facebook free since 2011

YouTube demonetized me and I stopped uploading videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Or you could not use it. Ya know?

Facebook free since 2011

YouTube demonetized me and I stopped uploading videos.
                People don't be one of those guys that does group quotes, especially when the thing you're saying isn't relevant to the thing you quoted.
                I said I'm actively getting away from Google products. I'd be done with them already but I run a biz so just dropping it overnight is not an option unfortunately.

Comment

Amazing how these tech giants were allowed to buy up and swallow up companies like YouTube and Instagram and Whatapp.

It not good for the consumer, less choice, and they have even shut down innovation.

They need to be broken up, they are becoming too powerful and have their own agenda and are not elected into power and not responsible to the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    People don't be one of those guys that does group quotes, especially when the thing you're saying isn't relevant to the thing you quoted.
                    I said I'm actively getting away from Google products. I'd be done with them already but I run a biz so just dropping it overnight is not an option unfortunately.
                    The great thing about the internet is the low barrier for entry. Anybody can create a Google, YouTube, Facebook. Complaining about these companies changes nothing. Wanting government regulation of these companies is even worse

Comment

Working...
                    X