No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Embraces Underdog Role in Keith Thurman Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Embraces Underdog Role in Keith Thurman Fight

As officially reported last week, Manny Pacquiao will get back into the ring on July 20 to face unbeaten welterweight champion Keith Thurman in what could be a highlight fight of the summer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought ppv was dead? Eddie Hearn and dlh day so don’t they? All while Eddie makes uk fans pay for boxing....

Comment

I think Thurman will be in Prime form for Pac. Hopefully he wins and looks great. 147 has a 3 headed monster but 1 hasn't been in the ring. I think Thurman reminds everyone that he is at the top as well. Whoever wins, will have to face Spence though.

Comment

Hell, from what iv seen, nobody is underestimating Pac. Damn near everyone i see is picking him. If anything Thurman is being underestimated.

Comment

Looks like Thurman might be using Pacquiao to get ready for Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            Looks like Thurman might be using Pacquiao to get ready for Spence.
            You can't use someone by letting them take your title and slot in the division lol.

Comment

Pac has been an underdog before. Many times in fact.
              First title shot against Singsurat.
              First fight at 122 against Jamili.
              Against Ledwaba at 122.
              Against MAB at 126.
              Against ODH and Floyd as well.

Comment

MP will be a underdog from now..

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
                  Hell, from what iv seen, nobody is underestimating Pac. Damn near everyone i see is picking him. If anything Thurman is being underestimated.
                  I'm not picking Manny. I simply cannot see it. And anyone who really analyzed the Lucas, Horn and Broner fights will see it too. It's always been the case though.

There are two things that Manny Pacquiao can't deal with: a high, accurate work rate (Morales 1, Bradley II, three of the four Marquez fights, Horn) meaning a guy who isn't afraid to take risks and throw on him, and a fighter that moves as well as or better than him (Bradley, Marquez, Mayweather).

Manny Pacquiao looks absolutely stellar against guys who (A) stand in front of him (Clottey, Oscar, Barrera, Margacheato, Rios, Cotto, Hatton) and/or (B) who are afraid to take real risks and throw on him (Broner, Mosley, Lucas, Algieri).

Manny Pacquiao throws the same pre-set punch in hopes to nail a combo of 3-4 of that first shot. Horn showed the blueprint to nullifying it by moving to the side whether Manny lands that shot or not, then you see Manny continue like a robot in the old direction with the other punches and can counter him.

Keith Thurman is taller, rangier and uses those in every fight he's in. He's not afraid to go to war, but he's a smart mover and that was on full display against Lopez despite him getting hit.

The only outcomes I see, as I said, are (A) a controversial draw to set up a rematch, where one guy clearly won, or (B) a Thurman decision.

Comment

Pac will never be a underdog the living Pinoy legend will brake thurman into pieces.

Comment

Working...
                    X