PayPal bans Antifa and Proud Boys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell man I’m a member of both groups

Comment

PayPal isn't a bank. It's an online payment processor. They can ban whoever they want for whatever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        And Tommy Robinson
        For what????????????

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          For what????????????
          Because of his reputation as anti-muslim, even though it’s completely undeserved

Comment

I wonder if they are doing it out of concern for litigation.

I mean, if they know that an extremist group is using their services to transfer funds, and those funds are used for illegal purposes, then does this open them up to legal problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
              I wonder if they are doing it out of concern for litigation.

I mean, if they know that an extremist group is using their services to transfer funds, and those funds are used for illegal purposes, then does this open them up to legal problems?
              Yes, thats the reason why a friend couldnt use paypal when he use to buy gear.
              Bitcoin was the go to but Ive heard they are cracking down on that also.
              Last edited by man down; 11-09-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                As much as I think Antifa is populated with intolerant and ignorant a$$holes, I don't like that PayPal does this shyt and plays political games. Unless you've a group directly funding terrorism (which, maybe they can prove antifa does) then stay the fuk out of it. Censoring "hate" is one of the biggest mistakes we can make as a society because it can be used to define almost any effort against anyone.
                Exactly.

In a free society, you can push love AND hate, which is the point. Freedom of speech isn't just to say "nice" things and companies need to stop playing the games. It's useless.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                  WTF is Proud Boys?
                  The guys at Berkeley and Portland and stuff who show up at the antifa demonstrations.

They wait for antifa members to do something and start beating them up.

Comment

that's how it should be done

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      This is one of the reasons why I see cryptocurrency as the future of money. You can't weed out those you dislike. And for full disclosure I'm not a fan of either of these groups, but if you are dealing in money you shouldn't be banning people. Banks are already doing this with weed companies & other people in less "reputable" jobs. Is the government gonna quit allowing people they disagree with from having paper money at some point to???

I don't agree with these groups, but this seems problematic.
                      I'd agree here. I remember Bank of America or Wells Fargo banning pron stars from having checking accounts a few years back. If the activity is legal, then what is the problem?

This is why I hate over regulation and that's how I see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X