Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usyk, Dubois, Ajagba, Hrgovic, Joyce, Yoka, Gorman, who is the top prospect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Usyk is not a Prospect, it is insulting to call him such when he is Top 5 P4P and Undisputed Cruiserweight Champ

Dubois being only 21 puts him at a HUGE Advantage IMO, we rarely see Heavyweight Prospects THAT YOUNG but him as well as Yoka and Efe have STAR Potential, great Combination of Size, Power and Athleticism

As for Usyk at Heavyweight, it is going to be a challenge but he could potentially out-box a Slower and STIFF AJ maybe but 78' reach at Heavyweight is short particularly if you're not a inside fighter with BIG POWER. I do think Usyk can potentially out-box a lot of these Heavyweights but doing it for 12 Rounds and avoiding their Power will be his biggest challenge
    78" reach is plenty long enough for a heavyweight, especially one as fast as Usyk.

Dubois, Whyte, Ortiz, Miller, are all listed as 78".

Of the ring top 10, only 4 are longer than 78" - Fury, Wilder, AJ and Pulev.

Parker, Kownacki, Povetkin are all shorter. Povetkin's reach is only 75". Chisora's is only 74"

Without getting too hung up about whether Usyk is a prospect at HW, he is the one who is closer to getting a world title shot than any of the others. And closer to being capable of winning it too, I would say, so I voted for him.

Comment

Again, I included Usyk because he has yet to box at heavyweight. Yes he is undisputed at cruiserweight but it's another level at heavyweight, which is why I included him. He would start out at the same level as some of these other guys like Joyce. my pick for the bunch was Dubois until I saw the Kevin Johnson fight. He has a little ways to go. Ajagba is good but awkward and unbalanced at times. Joyce doesn't have scary power and Yoka has already gotten popped for steroids so he started out on a bad path.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        78" reach is plenty long enough for a heavyweight, especially one as fast as Usyk.

Dubois, Whyte, Ortiz, Miller, are all listed as 78".

Of the ring top 10, only 4 are longer than 78" - Fury, Wilder, AJ and Pulev.

Parker, Kownacki, Povetkin are all shorter. Povetkin's reach is only 75". Chisora's is only 74"

Without getting too hung up about whether Usyk is a prospect at HW, he is the one who is closer to getting a world title shot than any of the others. And closer to being capable of winning it too, I would say, so I voted for him.
        78' reach at Heavyweight is short particularly if you're not a inside fighter with BIG POWER
        I guess you missed that part...

If you don't have the reach you better have the Power and the Inside Game. Size and Power matters at heavyweight and the last thing you want is to give guys like AJ and Wilder room to get off with their Power. You're Better off on the inside vs BOTH and THAT is not Usyk style at all

Yeah Dubois, Ortiz, Whyte, Miller have 78' reach but AGAIN they also have POWER and are very PHYSICAL guys in style on the INSIDE. Usyk is NOT, he is more of a move around off the Backfoot fighter

Me personally I think Usyk can potentially beat and slower stiffer guy like AJ. We seen Parker movement give AJ major problems and Usyk is much quicker than Parker and has the timing to counter off those misses big time and be gone by the time AJ returns fire making him look silly...

Last edited by sicko; 11-06-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
          Again, I included Usyk because he has yet to box at heavyweight. Yes he is undisputed at cruiserweight but it's another level at heavyweight, which is why I included him. He would start out at the same level as some of these other guys like Joyce. my pick for the bunch was Dubois until I saw the Kevin Johnson fight. He has a little ways to go. Ajagba is good but awkward and unbalanced at times. Joyce doesn't have scary power and Yoka has already gotten popped for steroids so he started out on a bad path.
          So was Floyd a prospect everytime he moved up in weight?

Moving up in weight don't make you a prospect.

Comment

Ajagba is fucking beast.

Speed, power, reach, athleticism, killer instinct.

Any man who stands in his way is in for a helluva fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              So was Floyd a prospect everytime he moved up in weight?

Moving up in weight don't make you a prospect.
              Huge sigh, so by your theory, Usyk should be the favorite at heavyweight against everyone right? AJ, Wilder, Fury, Whyte, Usyk should be the #1 guy when he moves up right? no. Heavyweight is a different thing all together and you know it. The weight and size is unlimited, that's the difference between heavyweight and all the other weights. You don't just move up 7 pounds or so. You can end up fighting a guy like Miller who has 100 pounds on you. So yeah, I consider him at the same level as some of the other guys on that list because he's starting over at heavyweight, dickhead

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                Huge sigh, so by your theory, Usyk should be the favorite at heavyweight against everyone right? AJ, Wilder, Fury, Whyte, Usyk should be the #1 guy when he moves up right? no. Heavyweight is a different thing all together and you know it. The weight and size is unlimited, that's the difference between heavyweight and all the other weights. You don't just move up 7 pounds or so. You can end up fighting a guy like Miller who has 100 pounds on you. So yeah, I consider him at the same level as some of the other guys on that list because he's starting over at heavyweight, dickhead
                95% of boxers below the heavyweight division move up in weight. Which ever way you try amd spend it he's not a prospect.

Comment

Oleksandr Teslenko impresses me more than vast majority of that list. He has a high ceiling imo

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    What the **** children? You kids do not get to redefine boxing terms based on your ****in' assumptions.

Usyk is a prospect at HW. Has he fought at HW? No? Then he's a ****ing prospect. I wouldn't mind y'all just not being aware of how the terms are used but when you laugh at and mock a man for using it properly you become an insufferable sort of dumbass.

****in' ignorant as hell while having strong as **** opinions. Your whole ****in generation is a bunch of butterballs who can't wait to correct you on **** they know nothing about.

Speak half as often as you listen and you'll learn twice as much, dumbass.
                    You take it too personal. What interest do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Vlad Sirenko will surpass them all and knockout just about all of them if and when they meet if theyre LUCKY to make it the distance with him ,no one there will dominate him.

Of course the answer is Joyce bc he will get a title shot first out of the poll besides Usyk who doesn't have the punch to dethrone Joshua...MAYBE Wilder but that's a big if too...

But will Joyce defeat Joshua bc that's who he will have to beat ? The poll is a trick question really because none of those guys are favored over Joshua thats what they have to do to become a champion unless Joshua isn't involved.

long term race would have to go with Duboius who will imop lose to sirenko....Sirenko who I think will be a future champion whos only 23 himself and plenty of time.
                      Who the hell is bloody sirenko?

Comment

Working...
                      X