Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do we find these clowns?

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
      hear me out, rjj always liked to fight at a slow pace.
      "I'm not chasing roy jones, I know my limitations"

This are the actual words from calzaghes mouth. Sorry to say it, but the guy you are literally defending, took a dump on you.

Comment

I don't hear people out who know nothing about boxing. Joe was very good but the prime Roy Jones was much better in my opinion.

Comment

Y'all need to be reminded these KO's of Calzaghe

Comment

If it happened in the UK then yeah - some trickery afoot over there

Comment

hear me out, rjj always liked to fight at a slow pace (30-40 punches per round), when he was faced with raw aggression he would do the following: throw a quick counter and move or lay on the ropes and grin.

calzaghe had very good powers of recovery, sure he would go down every now and then but he has never looked massively shaky and rjj never had huge 1 punch knock out power so i dont think he can take him out with 1 punch.

calzaghe overwhelms opponents with speed, clever pivots, head movement and volume of punches. how will rjj out box him?

rjj when faced with a large quantity of quick punches coming straight down the pipe would back up to the ropes and try sneaking in quick counters.

rjj was a great fighter and one of my all time fav but styles make fights so i see calzaghe beating rjj on the scorecards.

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              Yep, completely agree. Horrible style match up for Jones, as it showed when they fought.
              i dont think a man alive could have beaten a prime rjj. just my opinion. i never had that opinion of cal.

Comment

The trolling on this forum will never end.

Comment

hear me out, rjj always liked to fight at a slow pace (30-40 punches per round), when he was faced with raw aggression he would do the following: throw a quick counter and move or lay on the ropes and grin.

calzaghe had very good powers of recovery, sure he would go down every now and then but he has never looked massively shaky and rjj never had huge 1 punch knock out power so i dont think he can take him out with 1 punch.

calzaghe overwhelms opponents with speed, clever pivots, head movement and volume of punches. how will rjj out box him?

rjj when faced with a large quantity of quick punches coming straight down the pipe would back up to the ropes and try sneaking in quick counters.

rjj was a great fighter and one of my all time fav but styles make fights so i see calzaghe beating rjj on the scorecards.
                  I agree that a prime Calzaghe is a bad style matchup for a prime Roy, and I think you make a strong case, but Roy's incredible athleticism and the variety of angles he launched hooks and straight rights from...I would still have to favor Roy.

I also agree with you that Roy could be corralled toward the ropes, have his movement cut off with stiff, straight punches. But I don't know if Calzaghe's straight left out of a southpaw stance was stiff or explosive enough to cut through Roy's guard and back him up. I can see Calzaghe landing the right hook and uppercut when Roy is launching in...but I just don't know if it'd be enough.

Anyhow, it's good food for thought. And I see where you are coming from. I'll probably rewatch some of both guys in their prime years with your points in mind. Good stuff to consider.

Comment

where cal would need a ton of punches to land before ending a guy, rjj didnt. both guys would be elusive and quick. rjj would be more quicker and hit poor cal with shots he either wouldnt see or wouldnt think to be harmful.

Comment

RJJ is a horrible stylistic match up for Calzaghe, he stops him with relative ease.

Joe is susceptible to the right hand, he's been dropped 4x throughout his career by right hands and that's one of RJJ's best punches. Even when RJJ was shot he put him down with that punch

Comment

Working...
                      X