Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree that bears are the greatest animals walking on this planet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GOLDKING View Post
    The kodiak could easily outmanoeuvre the slower, less agile hippo and take its back inflicting fatal wounds causing death via blood loss and the hippo could kill the kodiak with one bite also. Its a lose, lose fight for both animals.
    Hippo would have a biter's chance and that's it. The bear is too slick, too athletic, too much cardio. The bear would use angles and superior footwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      A hippo would destroy a bear. It could potentially bite him in half. An average hippo is around 3000 pounds with a bite force of 2000 pounds per square inch. They are built like a tank.
      They're way too slow though. A Hippo would get his back taken by a bear. On the other hand it would take hours for the Bear to do enough damage on the spine to kill the Hippo. Check out this male Lion attacking one of those fat bastards.

Looks like the Lion was strong enough to stop the Hippo from walking further. A big Kodiak bear is a lot bigger and stronger than a Lion obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        i never said they were the same size as in weight. look at my post that you quoted. im talking about overall size, a grizz bear standing next to a hippo wont be much of a size different. yes, i know the hippo's outweigh the bear but im talking about physical size, a grizzly bear will not be small next to a hippo.

and if you read my post i said a hungry or threaten bear will be very determine. if it was a fight til death where no one runs off, the grizz will win because it has more tools to use against a hippo.
        I'm going off exactly what you said.

Under no circumstances would a 450-600lb Grizzly Bear compare to a 4000lb average Hippo in any dimension whatsoever...They are massively different sized creatures in every way....

Hippos are fat and tire quickly on land...And Bears are poor predators of large game....with poor killing instinct....I see it being a draw or the Hippo winning....

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Err... Tigers can't kill Rhinos/Hippos because they don't live in Africa but I get what your saying.
        There are multiple species of Rhino that live in Asia.

Hippos are an exclusively African animal (through they weren't in the past)....but I don't see why a Tiger (on VERY rare occasions) couldn't hypothetically take one down....Tigers have been recorded killing/eating Indian Rhinos...
        Last edited by animalfan10; 02-04-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          They're way too slow though. A Hippo would get his back taken by a bear. On the other hand it would take hours for the Bear to do enough damage on the spine to kill the Hippo. Check out this male Lion attacking one of those fat bastards.

Looks like the Lion was strong enough to stop the Hippo from walking further. A big Kodiak bear is a lot bigger and stronger than a Lion obviously.
          90% of a Kodiak Brown Bears diet consists of Salmon/Fish...

No Kodiak Bear even as big as they are is as good of a hunter of large game as a Lion/Tiger is...They probably wouldn't even have the killing instinct to finish a Hippo off since Bears generally just bite and thrash random areas of the body (death by mauling) which wouldn't work for crap on a 4000lb creature....They don't have the instinct to go for the throat or apply skull bites like more predatory animals (Cats/Canines) do....

Bears are very poor predators of large game....That is blatantly obvious as they aren't really even active predators (with the exception of the Polar Bear) to begin with...

Not to mention the 800-1500lb Kodiak Bear is no speed demon....No where near as fast/agile as a 400-500lb Cat....
          Last edited by animalfan10; 02-04-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Bears are bad ass.

I prefer lions, tigers, wolves, and crocs/gators though.

Comment

• Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
              90% of a Kodiak Brown Bears diet consists of Salmon/Fish...

No Kodiak Bear even as big as they are is as good of a hunter of large game as a Lion/Tiger is...They probably wouldn't even have the killing instinct to finish a Hippo off since Bears generally just bite and thrash random areas of the body (death by mauling) which wouldn't work for crap on a 4000lb creature....They don't have the instinct to go for the throat or apply skull bites like more predatory animals (Cats/Canines) do....

Bears are very poor predators of large game....That is blatantly obvious as they aren't really even active predators (with the exception of the Polar Bear) to begin with...

Not to mention the 800-1500lb Kodiak Bear is no speed demon....No where near as fast/agile as a 400-500lb Cat....
              Maybe the Bear would not be able to kill the Hippo, but certainly the Hippo would not be able to deliver a bite. They're too slow on land and their bodies aren't even designed to make quick turns for an attack like Buffalo's do.

So the bear would end up mauling the Hippo, kill or no kill, he would win on points.

Comment

• In the water, nothing can really beat an angry ass Hippo. On land, it's another story.

Kinda like an MMA guy stepping into the Ring or vice versa.

Comment

• Team Polar Bear here

Comment

Working...
                  X