Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder To Anthony Joshua: Give Me The Belts or Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    You guys are so delusional oh my granny! Wilder been calling out Joshua LONG before the Parker deal was done.

Dude, this aint no fantasy, you can't just make **** up and pretend it's real.
    calling him out when he's tied up with the stiverne fight and AJ with Pulev/then Takam? Whatever makes you feel better.
    Parker called out AJ and was willing to try and get a good deal for himself and a deal done which is why that fight is likely next.

Comment

After Ortiz and Parker there ain’t nobody left but each other anyway. Hopefully it happens summer 2018

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
        Classic deontayduckus wilderquackus quacking at very high decibels
        HAHAHAHA I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          After Ortiz and Parker there ain’t nobody left but each other anyway. Hopefully it happens summer 2018
          tyson fury would like a word with you.

Comment

old tooth pick legs doing what he does best running his mouth and fighting bums. wilder is intentionally pricing himself out he's a joke. I'm not a joshua fan but I know he's the a side and when he beats parker he'll have two belts giving him even more leverage over wilder. fury will probably fight joshua before wilder. beyonce will be fighting bums and crying about how he's isn't a star.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
              tyson fury would like a word with you.
              That guy is fat and out of the ring.
              When he is in fighting shape mention him again.
              I doubt he will ever return.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                I'm happy to see some people in here simply telling it like it is. Wilder was talking before the fights were made. So why are so many posters crying about that?

My only guess is it's due to him asking for a 50/50 split, but the way I've always seen it is like this:

He believes it should be 50/50 because they are both champions. He was champion for longer and has tried to make some step up fights but it hasn't worked out the way fighters kept getting busted for PED's. He's knocked out everyone he has faced. He is recognized as no lower than #2 in the division, and you need someone to tangle with to make the big money. Joshua also has no one worthy enough on his resume to separate it from Wilder's resume except for a Klitschko who was coming off of a loss, forced to be inactive for awhile due to Tyson Fury mind ****ing him in a coked out frenzy, and 41 years old.

I'm not saying that Wilder deserves 50/50, but I'm not going to say he has no right to believe he is worthy of that split. If he demanded that he deserves more than that, then I would definitely agree he's either insane or ducking. In this case, seems AJ's side isn't ready to make the fight now anyway, so there is much more time for some dust to settle and if the right choices are made, soon we'll know if Wilder is worthy of a 50/50 split.
                On a sporting standpoint Wilder believing he’s worth 50-50 is perfectly understandable due to all those reasons you’ve listed there.. there really is next to nothing separating Joshua and Wilder. In fact I’d say the fight itself is close to 50-50 on whoo wins.

But that is totally ignoring the economical value of each fighter, of which Joshua and Wilder are worlds apart considering Joshua is simply a much more high profile fighter who draws a bigger crowd, is aired all over the world and eclipses every single boxer on the planet when it comes to sponsorships.

The worry is that Wilders ego won’t allow him to see that his economic value is simply dwarfed by Joshua’s and thus he’ll continue demanding half of the pie that he contributes far less than half to.
                Last edited by Deus; 12-23-2017, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                  I don't understand Joshua's fans. Why are you all worried about who pockets the most money between the two? How do you as fans benefit from what Joshua earns when he face Wilder?

Now, as a real fan of boxing, let this fight happen to see who's the best. 50/50, winner takes all, I don't care. Make the fight or boycott your fake idol.
                  Fans don't care about splits but we understand boxing is a business. Wilder asking for 50% is pricing himself out which means us fans don't get to see the fight so we have to call him out on his BS!

You say 50-50 winner takes all.. It's easy to say but is that something you'd be willing to do?. AJ made 20mil for his last fight while Wilder made 1.4mil.. Would you bet $20,000 with me if I only had to bet $1,400? Of course not.

We want the fight but until Wilder is reasonable we won't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    He wasn't pricing himself out. You guys need to go to negotiation tactics 101.

You never start of at the price that you're willing to pay/earn. You always call for a higher price than the one you're willing to take because the other side will always negotiate downwards.

If you want 40 percent then it makes sense to ask for 50 percent so that when the other side inevitably negotiates downwards, you'll end up at that 40 percent, which is what you wanted from the beginning.

Parker did the exact same thing. He asked for a higher price than the one he was willing to take (40 percent) and Hearn negotiated down to 35, which is what Parker was willing to take anyway.

Exept Parker didn't do the exact same thing. You're right, in negotiations you start hight and negotiate your way to the best deal.. See Parker negotiated his way down to a 35% split and from what I hear now, he's not even getting a purse split.. But rather he's getting a gurenteed flat rate.

The difference with Wilder is he said 50-50 OR NO FIGHT Hearn said that team Wilder are refusing to budge on the percentage.. That's not negotiation. That's an ultimatum which = pricing yourself out.

Comment

"Let’s make this fight happen, no matter what the terms are" says the guy demanding 50-50. Lol Wilder is pathetic and so are his fans. Wilder fans seem to forget both teams met up to negotiate the fight.

Wilder was dropping interviews daily and having active media appearances calling out AJ. As soon as negotiations started Wilder priced himself out "50-50 or NO FIGHT" and stopped doing interviews and media appearances calling out AJ. He awfully quite.. And when he did interviews, he talked about fighting Ortiz or Povetkin.

His fight with Ortiz is pretty much a dine deal and exactly one day after team AJ and team Parker confirm they are fighting.. Wilder is back at it with interviews calling out AJ ahaha its like clockwork.. He's done it his whole career.
                      Last edited by NahMean; 12-23-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X