Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank: How I would've beaten a peak RJJ!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benn certainly did enough to win the fight that night, it was that close. But fact is two of those particular judges who were live ringside didn't score it for him in the final tally. It could've gone either way by a point or two and so many of those rounds looked even! Benn's head and body movement that night was special.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Roy did not have a questionable chin in his prime. You would know that if you saw fighters at the end of their careers go down. And don't kid yourself, there is no way Watson compares with Toney and Hopkins...don't even fking kid yourself!!!!! You will be laughed at if others read this.
      I don't see Toney or Hopkins dominating every minute of every round against Chris Eubank at his best - they'd be staring contests. That night Watson looked like a future all-time great and seemingly unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
        I don't see Toney or Hopkins dominating every minute of every round against Chris Eubank at his best - they'd be staring contests. That night Watson looked like a future all-time great and seemingly unbeatable.
        No one said anything about dominating every minute of every round and the discussion had NOTHING to do with Toney and Hopkins fighting Eubank, it had to do with the absurd claim that Watson would beat Toney and Hopkins which anyone knows would not happen. Stay on topic.

Comment

Wrong! Eubank was not even 30 when he lost and drew in those fights. He was 27 and 29. And 26 when he barely beat Mulinga. Nice try. not.
          Since when does age dictate when a fighter's prime is?

Eubank was never the same fighter after the Watson rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Since when does age dictate when a fighter's prime is? Eubank was never the same fighter after the Watson rematch.
            Oh, let me guess, he was past his prime at 25, 26 and 27!!! Get the fuk out of here!!!!

Comment

Roy did not have a questionable chin in his prime. You would know that if you saw fighters at the end of their careers go down. And don't kid yourself, there is no way Watson compares with Toney and Hopkins...don't even fking kid yourself!!!!! You will be laughed at if others read this.
              No one said anything about dominating every minute of every round and the discussion had NOTHING to do with Toney and Hopkins fighting Eubank, it had to do with the absurd claim that Watson would beat Toney and Hopkins which anyone knows would not happen. Stay on topic.
              M. Watson dominated every minute of every round against Eubank in their second fight. THAT Watson would not lose against a guy (Toney) who was on drip in hospital to keep him alive after making weight (for Jones fight), or a guy who struggled with Gilbert Baptist and was punched out of the ring a few times by Mercardo.

Comment

Oh, let me guess, he was past his prime at 26 and 27!!! Get the fuk out of here!!!!
                There are many examples of fighters that were arguably past their primes at young ages. Mike Tyson, Naseem Hamed, Fernando Vargas.

Do you know what happened in the Watson rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
                  M. Watson dominated every minute of every round against Eubank in their second fight. THAT Watson would not lose against a guy (Toney) who was on drip in hospital to keep him alive after making weight (for Jones fight), or a guy who struggled with Gilbert Baptist and was punched out of the ring a few times by Mercardo.
                  You just made a STUPID comment. You are taking one fighter's BEST moment against Eubank and comparing it to another fighters worst moment against Mercado!!!! Do you realize how STUPID that is???? I guarantee you that an OVERWHELMING majority pick Jones, Hopkins, and Toney over Eubank, Watson, and Benn. Not even worthy of a debate.

Comment

You just made a STUPID comment. You are taking one fighter's BEST moment against Eubank and comparing it to another fighters worst moment against Mercado!!!! Do you realize how STUPID that is???
                    Again...isn't that what you did in your first post regarding Eubank?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      There are many examples of fighters that were arguably past their primes at young ages. Mike Tyson, Naseem Hamed, Fernando Vargas.Do you know what happened in the Watson rematch?
                      So once again, you are saying that Eubank was past his prime from 25-27??!! I am not addressing OTHER fighter's prime I am talking to you about Eubank's prime! And if he was past his prime at 27 then he should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Jones or the same sentence.

Comment

Working...
                      X