Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach claims Bryant Jennings is the best American heavyweight prospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach claims Bryant Jennings is the best American heavyweight prospect

During the June 1st NBC Sports Network Fight Night broadcast, Freddie Roach commented, “I think Bryant Jennings is the best prospect America has right now in the heavyweight division.”

Jennings shared his thoughts on this, “I totally went crazy after I heard that! He had told me personally, but when he announced it on national television I was blown away. Freddie knows boxing.” When asked if he agreed with Roach, Jennings said, “I work pretty hard and I do see myself as one of the best , if not the best.”

Fred Jenkins, Manager/Trainer for Jennings said, “Bryant has the potential to be the greatest heavyweight of all time. He is still learning and that makes all things possible.”

Jennings’ promoter, Russell Peltz, of Peltz Boxing, commented, “All you hear about is Tyson Fury, Seth Mitchell, David Price, and yet Bryant Jennings is the one they should be talking about.”

Originally posted by davros2010 View Post
    During the June 1st NBC Sports Network Fight Night broadcast, Freddie Roach commented, “I think Bryant Jennings is the best prospect America has right now in the heavyweight division.”

Jennings shared his thoughts on this, “I totally went crazy after I heard that! He had told me personally, but when he announced it on national television I was blown away. Freddie knows boxing.” When asked if he agreed with Roach, Jennings said, “I work pretty hard and I do see myself as one of the best , if not the best.”

Fred Jenkins, Manager/Trainer for Jennings said, “Bryant has the potential to be the greatest heavyweight of all time. He is still learning and that makes all things possible.”

Jennings’ promoter, Russell Peltz, of Peltz Boxing, commented, “All you hear about is Tyson Fury, Seth Mitchell, David Price, and yet Bryant Jennings is the one they should be talking about.”
    out of all these guys jennings beat the best opponent any of them faced. he beat liahkovich. that is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      out of all these guys jennings beat the best opponent any of them faced. he beat liahkovich. that is pretty impressive.
      True.

He looked damn reckless in that fight, though. He left himself wide-open! Needs to tighten his defence.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        True.

He looked damn reckless in that fight, though. He left himself wide-open! Needs to tighten his defence.
        Yeah, he is still a bit raw (he has only been boxing a couple of years). He did the same in an earlier fight and got caught with a monster left hand thankfully for him he was able to recover and win if he had a weak chin he would have been knocked out.

I have said a few times that Jennings reminds me of the heavyweight Michael Spinks, with the right trainer and turning pro full time (he is still a part timer) he could go far.

Comment

Yeah, he is still a bit raw (he has only been boxing a couple of years). He did the same in an earlier fight and got caught with a monster left hand thankfully for him he was able to recover and win if he had a weak chin he would have been knocked out.

I have said a few times that Jennings reminds me of the heavyweight Michael Spinks, with the right trainer and turning pro full time (he is still a part timer) he could go far.
          liahkovich could be on the way down at 35 but adding his name to your resume is not a bad thing. sergei has been in some great fights over the years including his good showing vs helenius. i was very surprised jennings beat him. i had only seen jennings once when he fought bynum so i had no idea he was as good as he is.

Comment

Been following Jennings since 2010. Very underrated IMO.

Comment

Jenning's has speed, endurance and ring smarts but he lacks in size and power...

Comment

I agree with Roach on this one. Would like to see Jennings tighten up his D a little bit, but he has speed and is pretty explosive.

Comment

He also said Rigondeux is the best counter puncher in boxing,

Comment

I take it he wasn't good enough to play ball then

Comment

Working...
                    X