Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Urango is unreachable.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he's done I'm glad I was at his last fight. He should get props for his fights against Hatton and Berto too because they were afraid to box him and held and smothered their way to victory.

Comment

Torres was reported with some injuries that don't allow him to train properly. He was strongly considering retirement after his last bout that was at 154

Comment

That's a bit disappointing. Torres' retirement was announced a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Torres was reported with some injuries that don't allow him to train properly. He was strongly considering retirement after his last bout that was at 154
          He had to pull a KO out in the last round against a guy who has been getting flattened by all 154 prospects, including a first round demolition by Shawn Porter. Probably best that Torres isn't fighting anymore. That Holt KO seemed to ruin his ability to make weight, much like Corrales and Castillo did to one another.

The pig farm thing for Urango is one of the weirder things I've heard in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            The pig farm thing for Urango is one of the weirder things I've heard in my life.
            Casamayor was awarded a bicycle for winning the Olympics – he traded it in for a pig, to feed his family.

Glad Urango's gone.. watching him fight was nauseating. Slowly plodding forwards, occasionally swinging some wide ass hook. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by 武士道 View Post
              Casamayor was awarded a bicycle for winning the Olympics – he traded it in for a pig, to feed his family.

Glad Urango's gone.. watching him fight was nauseating. Slowly plodding forwards, occasionally swinging some wide ass hook. Ugh.
              Well that makes sense... he was poor in Cuba.

Urango probably had some money. Who's life dream is to pig farm?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                chris (oklahoma city)

Speaking of the 140lb division, what happened to Urango? Is he ever fighting again? I know Ricardo Torres isn't a 140lb fighter anymore, but what happened to him? Has he even fought since losing to Holt?

Dan Rafael
                (12:48 PM)

Urango's promoter told me, literally, he bought a pig farm in his home country and has not heard from him in forever and can't reach him. Torres retired.

Sounds like a retired fighter to me.

Alexander's uppercut may have ended him.
                Urango looked like dead weight in the Alexander fight. Seemed like at that point of his career he should have been fighting at 147. Unless he always fights like that.

Comment

for the ppl wondering about the pig farm thing. Its a decent living if u own a pig farm, urango probably knows hes boxing career is over and hes in danger of gettin seriously hurt if he keeps taking beatings the way he did. If u keep breeding pigs for years and years u can sell the meat for good money in third world countries. Its no different than selling milk, eggs and that stuff. Its the food business, urangos has made a great investment for himself. As long as he dedicated what hes doing he is pretty much set for life.

Comment

wish him the best

Comment

Working...
                    X