Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Jones go up and fight Tyson or Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, there were a few rumors floating around about Jones challenging Lewis for a $100mil but nothing ever came of them. They were all talk and no negotiations as Lennox Lewis easily dismissed them. There weren't nothing substantial or serious about those propositions whatsoever.

Comment

Can you imagine Tyson landing a monster shot on Jones's chin. We'd still be picking up the glass now.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Your kidding....
        1. He respected them and didn't want to emberass them and ruin their friendship.
        2. He didn't want to fight for less than 500 million dollars.
        3. He called them but the only available fight date would have conflicted with the finale of Gilligan's Island so they both politely declined.
        4. He would have been beaten to a pulp.
        Only one answer is correct. You have two hours..

Comment

He didn't want a broken neck. What kind of dumbass question is this? Did you even watch boxing back then?

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
            I don't get this fascination with wanting to win a heavyweight with Roy Jones or Ward.
            Nobody I know that likes Jones really cites it as a serious mark of his greatness.
            RUIZ vs JONES is the best selling pay-per-view of Roy Jones' career.

Winning the WBA heavyweight championship of the world is the greatest achievement of Roy Jones' career.

The fascination with heavyweights is simple. Being the 175 pound champion means you're better than everybody 175 pounds and below. Being the heavyweight champion means you're better than everybody, with no asterisk. Even if Ward only won the lesser regarded WBO heavyweight title, it would still be the most impressive feat of his boxing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              He defeated a ****ty heavyweight but he never fought an elite heavyweight like Tyson or Holyfield. Why is that
              Maybe because he wasn't a heavyweight.

Comment

He defeated a ****ty heavyweight but he never fought an elite heavyweight like Tyson or Holyfield. Why is that
                I think he tried getting Holyfield.

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                Cuz he would have gotten his **** rocked.
                Normally I would agree, but that version of Tyson RJJ could have squeaked a W in on him. God, I'm going to hell for saying that!

Comment

Why does Roy get such a pass
                  He doesn't. I suspect few consider Roy's win over Ruiz as a monumental achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    He didn't want a broken neck. What kind of dumbass question is this? Did you even watch boxing back then?
                    Tyson was fighting Etienne back then. RJJ could have done something.

Comment

He would've bee beaten to a pulp but that didn';t stop Wilfred, Floyd, Duran, Pernell, Oscar, and now Crawford from challenging themselves. Why does Roy get such a pass
                      This comment may have literally given me cancer. No blame to you though.

Comment

Working...
                      X