Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Thurman earned a top 10 P4P ranking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't argue against him being at the lower end of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      So right now you would take Thurman over Spence???
      Based on resume Thurman should be on the p4p list and higher than Spence. Personally i think Spence washes Thurman but right now Thurman has the better resume.

If Spence gets Brook outta there especially faster and in better fashion then GGG, he'll crack the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
        Bradley is better than Thurman. Has quicker feet and good upper body movement. Can't punch that hard but throws his shot with good form. Thurman throws wild shot and throws off balance shots half the time and he doesn't know how to utilize a jab.

Whats so great about Thurman resume? He have two good wins and the rest is ass. Even his good wins I've been saying how overrated the whole ww division is. Danny is basically a generic version of canelo who i think is also overrated and porter seems to not know how box and just rely on his natural athleticism.
        Have you watch Thurman's upper torso movement? Apparently not. Bradley quicker feet? That's highly debatable.

Then you go on to talk about Thurman's wildness. Do you know who Bradley is? That's the king of exchanging and getting wild. Do I need to point instances where this has happened? You talk as if you know your boxing so surely you know what I'm talking about, right?

The difference is Thurman knows how to get wild and minimize the punches he takes while Bradley doesn't. When have you seen Thurman get wild and get clocked like Bradley has? Last night would be a good example to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I do but I also gotta take skills into consideration...

Thurman has the resume,, I'm not disputing that, I just don't think he is one of the top 10 guys in the world.. Spence might destroy this dude..
          Spence has literally done nothing.

He's fighting his first real opponent soon, so we'll know more about him after that.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            Without a doubt imo. He's coming off back to back signature wins over two prime, top level opponents in Porter and Garcia and holds 2 of the 4 belts in arguably the best division in the sport. In addition to wins over Porter and Garcia, he's got an underrated win over Chaves, as well as solid veterans like Collazo and Guerrero.

He's now officially a battle-tested, proven elite fighter.

I'd rank him somewhere between 8-10 P4P.
            That is a fair ranking. He has the resume now to be top 10, but he is far too flawed to have him any higher than you have him.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I love Bradley but he's not p4p. Further, both Thurman and Garcia would beat him. And a few other welters. The Jessie Vargas win is decent at best. And the Marquez win was four years ago. Bradley is trending way down.
              And matthsee win was 4 years ago and that was at 140. The phuk has Danny done since except have 2 fights most felt he lost? And someone else mentioned thurman should be top 10 because he unified? He'll no because the circumstances of belts are not all equal. Danny was a PAPER champ. Money and politics is why he jumped to the front of the line to fight for a belt vacated when Floyd retired. He did nothing to earn a title shot against a washed up on nobodies top welterweight list Guerrero no less. And thurman was a interim wba holder that was promoted to the jr version of the wba and then promoted to the real wba. Neither guy beat the champ to grab these belts or won a tournament against the top welterweights for the belt. To compare this to Oscar vs Trinidad or other unifications to prove who is the best at that weight is a joke. Because of the circumstances both guys got those belts by not beating the previous champ. This was simply a battle between 2 good fighters but nobody went in saying the winner is now the undisputed #1 welterweight.

Comment

Thurman might literally be the 4th best welterweight right now. Manny, Brook, Bradley all have better wins then Thurman at 147. Many feel he didn't beat porter and Danny hasn't done jack at 147. And i didnt even add spence who people think is better and beats all these guys. Fact is when Floyd retired he left a huge void and a ton of free belts up for grabs. Thurman already got these empty belts because of politics but isn't close to filling the void. Thurman and a ton of other guys are in the mix to fill that void. Thurman needs to beat the winner of brook/Spence or beat Manny before he separates himself at 147 and then he will be in everyone's top p4p lists.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-05-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dookie View Post
                  Based on resume Thurman should be on the p4p list and higher than Spence. Personally i think Spence washes Thurman but right now Thurman has the better resume.

If Spence gets Brook outta there especially faster and in better fashion then GGG, he'll crack the top 10.
                  I agree, Thurman has the resume. He isn't as refined as other guys in the pound for pound top 10, but he is winning, so he kind of has to be there.

Spence looks the goods so far, from the eyeball test, but I'll have to see how he looks against Brook. Everyone looks good against lackluster opposition. Brook, even if weight drained, will be able to tell us some things about Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    And matthsee win was 4 years ago and that was at 140. The phuk has Danny done since except have 2 fights most felt he lost? And someone else mentioned thurman should be top 10 because he unified? He'll no because the circumstances of belts are not all equal. Danny was a PAPER champ. Money and politics is why he jumped to the front of the line to fight for a belt vacated when Floyd retired. He did nothing to earn a title shot against a washed up on nobodies top welterweight list Guerrero no less. And thurman was a interim wba holder that was promoted to the jr version of the wba and then promoted to the real wba. Neither guy beat the champ to grab these belts or won a tournament against the top welterweights for the belt. To compare this to Oscar vs Trinidad or other unifications to prove who is the best at that weight is a joke. Because of the circumstances both guys got those belts by not beating the previous champ. This was simply a battle between 2 good fighters but nobody went in saying the winner is now the undisputed #1 welterweight.
                    Ok so both Garcia and Bradley don't belong on the p4p list.

Comment

I dont see it. I have never once been impressed by a Keith Thurman performance. Last night didnt change that.

Comment

Working...
                      X