Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rate Hayes defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His defense was on point, he just needed to be more active offensively.

I feel he didn't land enough and land anything significant; because he just did not throw enough.

Comment

8/10 however a good offense makes your defense better. If he woulda jabbed more after the 6th round it woulda helped a lot even if it's a jab to the body or a jab to the wrist Wlad woulda still had something to respect to discourage him from throwing more punches...

Comment

amazing reflexes through the fight he was ducking right under many of wlads big shots, however the problem was he wasnt countering or going for the body much, always lookin for that one big punch, which was the wrong game plan

Comment

Haye is a coward, but it can't be denied that his defence and reflexes are world class.

Not many people can say they survived 12 rounds with Wlad, and Haye also probed he has a decent chin, because he wasn't wobbled in the whole fight, even after taking a full blooded Wlad straight.

Comment

His defence has improved but unfortunately his offence has gotten worse.

Comment

My personal opinion, although I know that nobody on this thread cares, seeing as they are Hayemaniacs, is that his defence would have been a lot better if he'd stood on his hands and put the gloves on his feet. At least he could have protected his famous toe.

And how is it that a toe, supposedly fractured 3 weeks ago, causing Haye to stop sparring, would not have healed enough by fight time, to AT LEAST not need a stated couple of numbing injections. I've had fingers fracured as a rugby scrum half, and they never were paining after 3 weeks. They were almost healed. He actually had the chutzpah to say that he got a toe injection whilst coming down on his ring walk.a PRECAUTION, but not that the toe was still hurting after 3 weeks, even if he had been broken, which I doubt.

I can understand an injection as

At least, that's how I understood it, although I've had so much Haye crapola that I barely skim over his latest effusions. How the hell do you break a little toe anyway, the most protected and hard-to-get-at toe in the whole body.

I think it was just a "too close manicure".

Comment

The poster above me doesn't understand the thread. Haye was awful last night because he has no offense, however he went 12 with Wlad and was never hurt. His defense was impeccable, but it doesn't matter because he couldn't put a glove on Wlad.

Edgarg should probably re read his post and realise it has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Comment

Working...
                X