Fighters who are benefiting from the break

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    Errol Spence.
    I think we've seen the last of Spence. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he doesn't box again

Comment

Good thread, I was thinking about this the other day - wondering if this might help Spence.

He may never return.....but if he can, and intends to... this break removes any pressure or thought that he'd be returning too early.

Of course, it assumes he is really able to take advantage of the time and goes all in rehabbing like a professional athlete....ya know, like acting like the potential face of boxing...not getting ****faced all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        I don't see how Wilder benefits outside of losing later rather than sooner. He can't fine tune anything because he doesn't really know how to box in the first place
        Good thing you’re not his trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I think we've seen the last of Spence. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he doesn't box again
          ...or anyone’s trainer...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
            Gary Russell Jr - inactivity doesn’t affect the man who has grown accustomed to fighting once a year. As the TBA opponent will surely weaken, GRJ will remain as sharp as ever.

Deontay Wilder - was heading into an immediate rematch with the man who destroyed him. The break will allow for him to work some things out both physically and mentally.

GGG - it’s looking more and more like Golovkin will face Canelo instead of Saunders. The sooner, the better for the aging fighter. Wouldn’t have been possible without corona.

Who else we got?
            Keef. Maybe he'll get healthy enough to fight after this

Comment

They're all benefitting: healing time, mental/physical rest, more time to train and add new wrinkles, un-rushed family time. There will be some very sharp boxers after this virus ends ... at least the ones who make the most of their time.

All the posts are on point in this thread also, Wow!

Per Spence: I'm not sure if he should come back, but I think he will 'cause the money is too huge. Would luv to see him back if he's right, but I'm really hoping his handlers care most for his physical well being the rest of his life ...
              Last edited by MastaBlasta; 03-28-2020, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I don’t think ggg benefits, he just gets older. I don’t think this fight happens until winter.

Wilder, fury and Spence benefit from the rest. Spence especially, I think he does come back, but in what state remains to be seen.

Comment

Good thing you’re not his trainer.
                  Yeah good thing i'm not cause he doesn't seem to listen to his trainers nor has he actually acquired basic boxing skills.

Comment

...or anyone’s trainer...
                    I know right, I mean how dare I think that a guy involved in a horrific accident may not box again. The nerve

Comment

tyson fury so he can prepare himself mentally for actually defending a belt

Comment

Working...
                      X