No announcement yet.

Is joe rogan right in this situation? he owned Dibella here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is joe rogan right in this situation? he owned Dibella here

Is boxing a limited form of fighting? Why does dibella seem like such a sour grape here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtKx41UdCj0

2008 wants their video back.

Joe rogan needs a life altering beating.

Comment

Are you from the past? Whats with this old sh^t?

But obviously boxing is a limited form of combat sports. Every combat sport is, hence the usage of the term "sport" in the wording. MMA just happens to be the least limited form of combat sports.

Comment

I remember this video. It really made Joe Rogan look idiotic. I didn't know who he was before this. I really thought he was mental after watching this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Are you from the past? Whats with this old sh^t?

But obviously boxing is a limited form of combat sports. Every combat sport is, hence the usage of the term "sport" in the wording. MMA just happens to be the least limited form of combat sports.
          I brought it up because we've had about 8 years to see how things panned out. I think MMA is big, but boxing is on the up and up

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            I brought it up because we've had about 8 years to see how things panned out.
            Whats to pan out?

Boxing only allows you to use your hands as weapons. MMA allows you to use almost anything as a weapon. MMA is less limiting of a combat sport. Don't take 8 years to figure that out.

Comment

I believe Dibella apologized some time later.

Comment

Yeah, DiBella got sonned by Rogan! Regardless of how long ago it was.

Comment

MMA is also a limited form of fighting.

Comment

On pen and paper, it may be "limited" as compared to MMA, however Boxing takes singular aspects of unarmed combat and amplifies what is required.

The MMA argument is that you can use your entire body to inflict damage on your opponent and have to be prepared to also defend yourself accordingly.

What I say, is that UFC/organized MMA actually doesn't achieve this.

The reason is that overall fight times are shorter (25 total minutes as opposed to 36 minutes in Boxing), the general technique level of these fighters is horrid for the most part and finally, that disengaging is routinely done as a part of MMA.

No matter how much rest you get between rounds, 12 rounds of 3 minutes each will kill you without extreme conditioning. For people who have actually Boxed competitively, each round progressively gets worse and worse. When you're in the Championship Rounds, you're literally a dead man walking unless you're in excellent condition.

In Boxing, you can't run. You can't disengage. The ring being a square means that you'll get cornered sooner or later and will have to fight your way out. If you clinch, you're generally broken up after a few seconds. Excessive holding gets points taken away, so once again you're forced to fight. This is a key point.

In MMA matches, how many times have you seen "wall and stall" and "lay and pray" tactics ? These guys in general have bad conditioning and the rules are such that you can easily "disengage". You can also repeatedly literally turn your back and run as the size of the Octagon means cornering your opponent is very difficult.

In a perfect world, Thunderdome style deathmatch, yes, you can make the argument that MMA is the best fighting style to have.

I will remind you that most people who comment have never been in a street fight. People bite. They claw, they eye gouge and most certainly go for a guy's balls. Try putting someone in a triangle choke and they're using their free hand to try and tear your balls off. Not easy.

This is not even counting the fact that the guy who wins a street fight is the guy who shows up with a gun or a big ass machete.

Boxing, "limited" as it may be, has a much greater degree of difficulty than MMA just given the rules and what is required for a fighter to fight 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X