Why did Garcia under perform with Herrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Garcia under perform with Herrera

Before "you a Lucas fan doe"

No. I'm not, if you want to you can look up my posts, I picked Danny because I thought he was the more solid of the two, granted i was worried because Lucas can hit and didn't know Garcia's chin.

Anyway; just re watched the Herrera fight and Garcia got his ass beat up.

LOL hererra roughed up and took danny garcia's lunch money.that was a mugging its all been downhill for danny since then. herrera snatched his soul.

Comment

Garcia wanted to put on a show for the fans and let himself get hit a little. He's all about the big drama show.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Garcia wanted to put on a show for the fans and let himself get hit a little. He's all about the big drama show.
        What about PEDerson doe

Comment

I wouldn't say Garcia got beat up but he got jabbed a bunch. Which is part of why he under performed because Herrera basically didn't throw much else but a jab (which is why he lost).

Garcia is a decent boxer but his right hand is not that great and it was even worse back then, to counter a jab you need to bring the right hand over the top and Garcia is really a left hook guy so Herrera really never let him get to work with that punch because he jabbed and moved the correct way.

It is really a fight that showed Garcia's limitation because without a good right hand it is impossible to box a guy in for a left hook to land on a guy that is actively trying to avoid left hooks. Since then he has done much better work with the right hand but still that weak right hand will cost him sooner than later at 147.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 10-12-2016, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I wouldn't say Garcia got beat up but he got jabbed a bunch. Which is part of why he under performed because Herrera basically didn't throw much else but a jab (which is why he lost).

Garcia is a decent boxer but his right hand is not that great and it was even worse back then, to counter a jab you need to bring the right hand over the top and Garcia is really a left hook guy so Herrera really never let him get to work with that punch because he jabbed and moved the correct way.

It is really a fight that showed Garcia's limitation because without a good right hand it is impossible to box a guy in for a left hook to land on a guy that is actively trying to avoid left hooks. Since then he has done much better work with the right hand but still that weak right hand will cost him sooner than later at 147.
            Green K sent

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              What about PEDerson doe
              I think Danny is a talented guy, who seems to carry a rabbit's foot with him whenever he has an off night. Herrera beat him. Peterson was definitely the better man that night but the idiot was so busy marveling at his own defense that he didn't throw enough to take the rounds convincingly.

I'd dismiss Danny if it weren't for the Matthysee fight. You could say Khan was easily out-boxing him, or that he's looked underwhelming numerous times, but the way he dealt with the boogeyman extinguished a lot of my criticism.

Garcia's problem right now is that he's slow as hell at 147 and that's ruined his counter game.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Before "you a Lucas fan doe"

No. I'm not, if you want to you can look up my posts, I picked Danny because I thought he was the more solid of the two, granted i was worried because Lucas can hit and didn't know Garcia's chin.

Anyway; just re watched the Herrera fight and Garcia got his ass beat up.
                Styles make fights; Herrera is a negative fighter who keeps a busy/multiple jab, and Danny Garcia's seemingly heavy feet give him issues with negative fighters.

Danny was definitely in a fight, but to act like he got whooped is foolish; Danny saw the task at hand, kept to the things that were working for him (keeping pressing the action, working the body, throwing his power shots when he did get in range), and did enough to edge a 7-5 fight.

No different than Alvarez-Lara; those two could fight 100 times, and the fights would always look similar; Lara using his long jab and movement to try and control things on the outside, while Alvarez cuts the ring, using his improving skills and body punching to control the fight on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Styles make fights; Herrera is a negative fighter who keeps a busy/multiple jab, and Danny Garcia's seemingly heavy feet give him issues with negative fighters.

Danny was definitely in a fight, but to act like he got whooped is foolish; Danny saw the task at hand, kept to the things that were working for him (keeping pressing the action, working the body, throwing his power shots when he did get in range), and did enough to edge a 7-5 fight.

No different than Alvarez-Lara; those two could fight 100 times, and the fights would always look similar; Lara using his long jab and movement to try and control things on the outside, while Alvarez cuts the ring, using his improving skills and body punching to control the fight on the inside.
                  Lmfao, Herrera mugged Danny to the tune of 9-3, 8-4.
                  It was hardly competitive looking back at it

Comment

He underestimated the man. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                    X