No announcement yet.

Jose Benavidez landed much better shots than Herrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Benavidez landed much better shots than Herrera

I know the scores were awful and this is a highlight video but Jose Benavidez punches had so much more on them and he hit Herrera a lot more clean throughout the whole fight.

Well naturally he's a bigger stronger puncher. From styles comparable, Benevidez should have never been where Herrera took him. But that's what Herrera does because he's a bad ass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
        He had a chance to school Herrera and failed. Struggled actually. And lost on my card.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          He had a chance to school Herrera and failed. Struggled actually. And lost on my card.
          I dont disagree with that. I think in no way should this fight be called a "robbery" though. I think the scorecards were awful but imo this fight was a 6-6 or 7-5 fight either way. I had Benavidez winning because of his rally in the 11th and 12th rounds. I was very impressed with Benavidez for being 22 and fighting the way he did facing the huge step up in competition. He has a lot to work on though when he pulls straight back he is wide open for a straight right hand and a bigger puncher may cause him some serious problems. I personally think if they rematch Benavidez wins a clear decision but that is just my opinion.

Comment

I dont disagree with that. I think in no way should this fight be called a "robbery" though. I think the scorecards were awful but imo this fight was a 6-6 or 7-5 fight either way. I had Benavidez winning because of his rally in the 11th and 12th rounds. I was very impressed with Benavidez for being 22 and fighting the way he did facing the huge step up in competition. He has a lot to work on though when he pulls straight back he is wide open for a straight right hand and a bigger puncher may cause him some serious problems. I personally think if they rematch Benavidez wins a clear decision but that is just my opinion.
            I thought it was a robbery, but that could be because of the whole Garcia situation, and the rhetoric with Herrera is he "always gets robbed." But I thought he won though.

Comment

He is much bigger so he should have landed the harder shots... That's the only thing that made him effective was that he was so much bigger

Comment

Agree with OP.
                We don't need to even have any boxing matches anymore

Whoever seems like they hit harder wins
                Who's with me?

Comment

That is the problem...That is what makes it a robbery...The crazy scores..That is why people are crying foul...A draw?..can you imagine 2 draws in one night when everybody(most) had a clear winner?

Comment

If he punched that much harder and his shots were that much more effective then why did he spend long periods of the fight on the ropes?

Herrera won 8-4

Comment

Working...
                    X