Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your most anticipated unconfirmed sequel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most anticipated unconfirmed sequel?

Simple thread, really : What is your most eagerly anticipated video game sequel that is, to date, unconfirmed?

Mine is easy.

Shenmue 3 - It seems like I've been waiting on baited breath for the announcement of devolpment on this ****ing game since I was in utero. Infact, if I were to make a list of improbable events to occur within my lifetime, I'd end up putting the development of this game somewhere between the discovery of intelligent life outside of Earth and Katy Perry ripping my d*ck off in the midst of a titjob.

Scarface 2

but I doubt it ever gets made. It wasn't as good as GTA but I like the fact that there was a business element that GTA doesn't have. With your drug money you could buy hundreds of things ranging from Cars/limos to Space suits to decorate your mansion.

as oppose to GTA where all you can do with your money is buy a safe house and an occasional gun/ammo.

Comment

gun 2 loved the first one and pretty pissed that they haven't released another

Comment

I love Shenmue 2 on Xbox I haven't played the 1st since it was never released on Xbox/PS2 but my most anticipated sequel is Jade Empire the setting of that game is beautiful it little bit like Shenmue I hate Bioware for not going through with sequel

Comment

Well for me, naturally it would be Resident Evil 7 and Borderlands III. Those two have been the only series I turn my PS3 on for, for the past 4 years. Before Borderlands, I was a strictly Resident Evil and MLB[989 Sports] and then MLB The Show. I have 13 other PS3 games which I don't even use. Dead Space a very far 3rd after RE and BL.

I'm really considering getting an XBox 360 just for the Gears of War series.

Comment

Agree on Shenmue.

One that hasn't been announced but i know is coming, Half Life 3

Comment

Well I 99% sure it's been confirmed but I can't wait for Thief 4. I really enjoyed Thief 2 and Thief: Deadly Shadows and I still play them regularly on my computer, even though Thief 2 came out in 2000 and Deadly Shadows in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Well for me, naturally it would be Resident Evil 7 and Borderlands III. Those two have been the only series I turn my PS3 on for, for the past 4 years. Before Borderlands, I was a strictly Resident Evil and MLB[989 Sports] and then MLB The Show. I have 13 other PS3 games which I don't even use. Dead Space a very far 3rd after RE and BL.

I'm really considering getting an XBox 360 just for the Gears of War series.
                'Gears of War' is sick, Kev.

You can get all 3 for dirt cheap now, too.

Comment

Gears of War is shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    I love Shenmue 2 on Xbox I haven't played the 1st since it was never released on Xbox/PS2 but my most anticipated sequel is Jade Empire the setting of that game is beautiful it little bit like Shenmue I hate Bioware for not going through with sequel

I got the first 'Shenmue' the day it came out on the Dreamcast during the holiday of 1999. Words cannot possibly express how blown away I was by that game. It was so ahead of it's time that I had difficulty going back to other games during that time period.

I then waited for ****ing ever for it's sequel to be released in America on the original Xbox. Actually, 'Shenmue 2' was the sole reason I bought an Xbox instead of a PS2. I knew the PS2's library of games was superior but the fact that the sequel was going to be Xbox exclusive was the sole reason I shelled out $300 for an Xbox.

Ever since then it's been nothing but either bad news, no news at all, and unconfirmed rumor.

Last I heard both the original and it's sequel were remade in HD and ready to launch on PSN and Xbox Live but SEGA never gave Yu Suzuki the go ahead for releasing them. More recently, Suzuki himself hinted earlier this year that he could easily acquire the rights to the series from SEGA, meaning that he could release them himself if he was able to do so.

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                    X