No announcement yet.

Official Comments Thread: "Miracle Man" Jacobs vs "Good Boy" Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    So why did ggg punch output drop so much for this fight?
    Same reason Fury's did against Wlad, didn't have to do more to win, blame the opponent for not adjusting. Floyd used to do it all the time, his workrate at the end of his career wasn't close to what it was in his prime, and he got by simply decision-ing everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaos View Post
      Duhhhh, cause Jacobs ran away and clinched the whole time...did you even watch the fight?

Who threw more, landed more and had a higher connect rate???
      He didnt run gtfoh. Ya stupid just cuz he didnt stand there to be hit he was running

ggg has more jabs and jacobs more power punches. Ggg threw like 100 more jabs than jacobs as well.

What fight did you watch?

Comment

• All the belts!!!!!!!

Comment

• "I need decision fight, i need to show world good quality 12 round fights. I know I won this fight, i respect Danny. I am just boxer, not killer."

I just suggest people watch the fight again in HD, score the fight round by round and you will realize that there is only one definitive winner and thats Golovkin.

Outlanded Jacobs in 9 of the 12 rounds, landed at a higher percentage, knocked Jacobs down, kept moving forward against the much bigger, taller and heavier man, these two were in different weightclasses tonight and still GGG pressed the action and was never hurt by anything Jacobs threw. GGG's jab was just amazing and won him that fight. Jacobs is the moral victor, he survived and put up a good fight, he is truly the #2 Middleweight in the world.

Let's hope Canelita will grow cojones now.

Comment

He didnt run gtfoh. Ya stupid just cuz he didnt stand there to be hit he was running

ggg has more jabs and jacobs more power punches. Ggg threw like 100 more jabs than jacobs as well.

What fight did you watch?
            GGG threw more, landed more, had a higher connect rate, did more damage and got a KD. What exactly did Jacobs do? Considering he was taller, heavier, faster and had longer reach his performance was pathetic.

Comment

GGG threw more, landed more, had a higher connect rate, did more damage and got a KD. What exactly did Jacobs do? Considering he was taller, heavier, faster and had longer reach his performance was pathetic.

Comment

• Comment

Again lets not ignore facts

While lilg landed more jabs jacobs landed more power punches per compubox
                  Last edited by bigjavi973; 03-20-2017, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
                    I was thinking WTF, Golovkin took those first 3 rounds in my book.
                    Off the top of my head I think GGG took the 3rd, but the first two rounds were very 'close'.

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                    Canelo might have faster hands but his footwork is slower, and that's the main issue. He gets crushed on the ropes.
                    While Canelo is lumbering, he does have good upper body movement. While I can see him getting pinned to the ropes, a lot will depend on how those exchanges play out.

It was a good fight. I thought GGG would KO him by the 7th or 8th, but I was wrong. My respect for either of these guys didn't go down, and Jacobs is clearly going to be a factor going forward. Off the top of my head, I think GGG pretty clearly won 3, 4 (with a KD) and 5, and Jacobs pretty clearly won 6 and 11, though I think Jacobs won a lot of the closer rounds after 6 and may have picked up the first or the second. The scores were sane, the people comparing this to Kovalev - Ward are more than a little out to lunch, IMHO.

Comment

Again lets not ignore facts

While lilg landed more jabs jacobs landed more power punches per compubox
                      Most of those landed on his arms and shoulders. Did you even watch the fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X