Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Please Help] Building a list of fighters throughout history who can beat Fury...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Please Help] Building a list of fighters throughout history who can beat Fury...

...Only problem is, I've been working on this list for two weeks and it's still empty.

Can some historians shed light on some perhaps obscure or underrated champion or contender of old who might have a sporting chance at taking out Fury in a 12, 15, or even 47 rounder?

What say you!?

John McDermott already beat him, got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      John McDermott already beat him, got robbed.
      Was a close fight but Fury edged it and then gave him a rematch and took his soul.

Who Necks.

Comment

His size, style, athleticism for his size, ability to fight dirty when in trouble, ability to use his massive height and reach as an advantage, and his pseudo wrestling tactics make it very difficult to beat him.

It seems like the less motivated to win he is, the easier it is to beat him. Which is why the McDermott’s and Otto Wallin’s of the world have the best shot at beating him.

If he knows he will be fighting a top opponent, he will prepare very well. It’s actually the journeymen who have a chance at beating him.

Comment

Why are we trying to act like he is some unbeatable force now?? He is a very good boxer but come on now

But I will add an obvious 1 LENNOX LEWIS

Comment

Lewis , Mike Tyson , Vitali klitchko , Wlad Klitchko , Joshua are the top 5.

If Fury fought them all numerous times he takes a few losses ,maybe some wins ? We will know more in his next fights but personally he needs something more then timid Wlad or Wilder who is not that good .

I give him benefit of the doubts against Holmes , Ali and Bowe who are still talked about . He has advantages over them but big punchers with skill hes still unproven for me with the sole one being Wlad in a one thing fight . Wilder does little for me and he needs to show dominance not the on and off guy .

The rest of the bunch like a Mercer, Morrison, Holyfield Ruddock ,Foreman etc .., are just to inconclusive for me to say much but he could be that guy over these types but its not really proven yet on their best day . The thing with current guys they will be downplayed as much as not played enough credit.

Comment

A 250-255 pound Andy Ruiz Jr would have a very good chance of beating him.

Comment

Kind of a pointless thread and your way of echoing Fury's boast that he is the greatest heavyweight and boxer of any weight who ever lived. I can think of at least a dozen retired and in some cases dead boxers who I believe would beat Fury prime against prime but you would just say no they can't. It becomes a yes they can, no they can't type argument and since he can never actually fight any of them it will never be settled.

Comment

Prime vs prime is sci fi fantasy bs.

That said I feel like Lennox & Larry would be problematic for him. Your boxing IQ would need to be high or your power big to make it close or to win.

As for the reality of who beats Fury I think as things stand it's more likely he beats himself by getting sidetracked again than I'd feel confident someone has a great chance to beat him. I think maybe the most likely guy to beat Fury is a prospect in 3 or so years. Like maybe a Triple D with some more seasoning & miles on him for an easy example or maybe someone who's not quite at Triple D's level of attention yet.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Kind of a pointless thread and your way of echoing Fury's boast that he is the greatest heavyweight and boxer of any weight who ever lived. I can think of at least a dozen retired and in some cases dead boxers who I believe would beat Fury prime against prime but you would just say no they can't. It becomes a yes they can, no they can't type argument and since he can never actually fight any of them it will never be settled.
                    Fury's fanboys are on a whole new level of delusional

cheating ass gypo goes life and death with Otto Wallin yet he's the GOAT...lmao

Comment

Working...
                    X