Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was facing Mayweather in 2013 good or bad for Canelo's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think it was a bad decision to take the fight, but it ended up being a bad night for canelo, one of the easiest fights mayweather had and it was the definition of a 'schooling' i thought it was going to be a competitive fight and i was shocked how easy mayweather beat him.recent performances havent shown me anything to suggest that canelos improved at all.

Comment

I voted bad. It's the only loss he has and he will never get a chance to avenge it. That loss is still talked about a lot and probably always will be.

Comment

I think Canelo should have insisted on a weight limit of 154 or no fight and stood firm on that. Mayweather might have agreed but if he didn't at least Canelo would not have fought with a handicap.

Comment

It was too early for him, but of course only a fool would turn Down a fight against boxings Cash cow. Furthermore it made Canelo a known boxer and made the Foundation for the superstardom he has today.

What I didn't think he should have conceded, was the ridiculous weight demand Floyd put on him. Canelo damned near fainted walking to the scale. Then Again maybe that ultra drainage taught him to do exactly that, so that he today stands as the greatest de-hydrater in the business. Maybe even greater than than Arturo Gatti ever was.

Comment

From a competitive standpoint-yes. He would have been better served facing Floyd post Manny. IMO he would have won a few more rounds and looked better while still losing.

From a business standpoint-no. You don't walk away from that kind of money and exposure, especially when you were not good enough to beat Floyd.

Take the L and the payday understanding there is plenty of time to rebuild your career.

Comment

I don't know what those people were thinking who voted for "no"

ow literally nobody cares about his loss to Maywether and everybody views it as learning money

He seemingly learned from it and improved ever since

Having a fight with the best fighter of the last generation can't really hurt your career, except if you are badly damaged with it but that didn't happen

Comment

Working...
              X