Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank these 3 fighters: Frazier, Norton, Liston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonny Liston would have beaten both Norton and Fraizer. I would have picked him against Foreman too. It's a shame he doesn't get the same recognition as the other Ali opponents when he was the best one.

Liston had an upper torso of a 6'6 defensive end when he was only about 6 feet. He knew how to fight on the inside so well, and his reach was longer than Lennox Lewis'. His domination of a somewhat prime Cleveland Williams shows me how he'd dismantle Norton with relative ease.

I don't think people realise how good Liston was. His inside fighting was devastating for a guy who had an 86 inch reach, and arguably the best jab of all time.

Comment

1. Frazier
      2. Liston
      3. Norton

Comment

I'd quickly take Liston over both. In less than a heartbeat.

Comment

(Liston)......"had an 86 inch reach"........seriously 86?

Liston had more skills than Kenny and Joe but they had more love for the sport than Sonny did.
          As to Liston "throwing" the first Ali fight you need to watch the fight closely!
          If you want to say he quit you could but the reality of the out come was that Ali whipped his butt!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            There's maybe like 3-4 heavyweights ever that I would pick to beat Liston and it's neither Frazier or Norton.
            Ali obviously

Larry holmes

Maybe foreman

Maybe Lewis and wlad but one flush liston punch.....

I think liston stops louis, frazier, marciano, tyson, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X