No announcement yet.

Will Canelo stick to his guns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Canelo stick to his guns?

Word around the boxing game is that Canelo is holding up the Floyd-Guerrero announcement as he is refusing to be on the undercard ("or co main event") unless he has a written guarantee for a Mayweather shot in September.

If true I think its a good move. I don't think Floyd ever intends to step in the ring with a young gun like Canelo. What does he have to lose. He either gets his guarantee or headlines another card at a later date.
    Say what you want about his record, most of it is valid, but this guy is no head case like Victor Ortiz. Canelo would pose a physical threat that Floyd hasn't seen in a long time.
    Do you think he will hold fast on this demand or do you think he is just bluffing?

i hope he does, i would love to see what kind of a draw floyd does with a mediocre card.

Comment

What does it matter though? Not fighting on Mayweather's under-card is supposed to accomplish what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        What does it matter though? Not fighting on Mayweather's under-card is supposed to accomplish exactly?
        a good 300k buys at least/

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          a good 300k buys at least/
          Doesn't he need to prove that first?

Comment

If Canelo wants to flex his own muscle and fight another over-matched opponent on a separate card, then do so. Why doesn't GBP take it a step further and put it on PPV? See how well it does.

Comment

His loss. More money for Mayweather. Less for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Doesn't he need to prove that first?
                not being on mayweather card and the numbers dont hit the usual they usually hit then I guess he proved it just went the other way with proving it lol

Comment

Duck Trout, fight a bum & blame it on Floyd. Fantastic recipe for the hype job.

Comment

Canelo should stick to his guns, but in the end I think he should accept the terms if he's really confident he can beat Trout or whoever.

Comment

Working...
                    X