Micheal Owen Out For The Rest of The Season

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Micheal Owen Out For The Rest of The Season

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...ut-for-rest-of

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has today confirmed that striker Michael Owen will miss the rest of the season.

The forward is set to undergo an operation on the damaged hamstring he sustained in Sunday's League Cup final win over Aston Villa, in which he netted the Red Devils' first goal.

"Unfortunately it's bad blow with Michael Owen," Ferguson told United's official website.

"He’s out for the season. It’s more serious than we thought.

"He gets operated on on Monday morning. It’s a terrible blow for the lad and disappointing for us too. He's never missed a training session all season. I think the heavy pitch at Wembley played some part, but it’s also bad luck."

What??? Oh thats it then, any small chance he had of getting on the plane is gone. Poor Owen, he is/was a great player.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      What??? Oh thats it then, any small chance he had of getting on the plane is gone. Poor Owen, he is/was a great player.
      yeah i feel bad for him.....Capello wasn't giving him a chance and now its all over....and wasn't it part of his contract with Manu that he only got payed for the games he played??

Comment

Prb would of broke his own leg anyway. He only plays 20mins of football a month and he still gets injured.

Comment

He should never have left Liverpool

Comment

Yeah he was on a pay as you play basis. Shame, feel bad for him. Never forget that goal against argentina. Onee of the best world cup goals ever.

Comment

Comment

I laughed when he said "I haven't been injured since I've been at Man Utd" That's because you've only played for 5 mins.

Comment

Damn man

I didnt think he would go to the world cup...but hes scored some vital goals for us....what a shame

Unlucky owen

Comment

Demise said he would lead the league in goals.

Comment

Working...
                    X