Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think of buying console. Which is best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps3 Graphics are marginally better, although I dont see MGS4 as being better looking than say Bioshock or Gears of war 2.

Ps3 is a lot more reliable which is good.

Xbox360 has got better games and more exclusive dlc's like for gta4

360 has much better online experience.

Its really a toss up

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
      Ps3 Graphics are marginally

Xbox360 has got better games and more exclusive dlc's like for gta4

360 has much better online experience.

If you are mostly buying a system for games then these two reason make the 360 the way to go. More/better games and online is 10 times better on 360.
      PS3 does have the blueray but I would wait for the price to drop on that. PS3 not selling very well.

The red rings are a real drawback but still lean toward 360.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
        What do you mean? How if they have a PS3
        That's what I was saying, i have no idea where he got that info from.

Comment

a new survey is out saying xbox 360 has a 54% fail rate. 54%.

That is absolutely insane. Any other company and they would go under as a result, but luckily for them they are the almighty Micro$oft and have the money.

It's an embarrassment really that they haven't fixed this issue, a disgrace, a true "fuuck you" to the consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            a new survey is out saying xbox 360 has a 54% fail rate. 54%.

That is absolutely insane. Any other company and they would go under as a result, but luckily for them they are the almighty Micro$oft and have the money.

It's an embarrassment really that they haven't fixed this issue, a disgrace, a true "fuuck you" to the consumers.
            I agree with you that it ****ing sucks. But the issue has been resolved, maybe not completely but the new model with the jasper chip doesn't heat up as much as the older model with the falcon chip. I have seen it first hand, my friend has a lauch 360, and you play for an hour and the thing gets hot as hell. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and it has been manifactured in 2009, i can play for 2 hours straight and it barely emits any heat.

The reason a lot of people still get failures is that the older model are still being sold in shops, you know the elites with fancy colours that come bundled with games? Well, they are all older models that microsoft are trying to get rid of.

Personally i think microsoft should recall all the older models that are still in stock and switch them for the newer model that won't **** in people's face after a couple of months. But hey, it's microsoft, you don't get ultra rich by being upfront with your customers.

Edit: My bad, i thought there was only 2 generations of xbox 360 but there are three.

I suggest reading this article about the newer motherboard design compared to the others:

http://hushedcasket.com/node/3925
            Last edited by Equilibrium; 08-18-2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

My 360 conked out, after almost 3 years of use, I sent it to microsoft (for free) and they sent me a brand new console and 1 month xbox live subscription!

Comment

ps3 slim. 360 will fail on you. did on everyone i know. true story.

Comment

Originally posted by baddestman View Post
                  ps3 slim. 360 will fail on you. did on everyone i know. true story.
                  It will fail but like poster above you send it in and its fixed. Its sucks but if you want to play online only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                    My 360 conked out, after almost 3 years of use, I sent it to microsoft (for free) and they sent me a brand new console and 1 month xbox live subscription!
                    Damn, that's pretty good customer service.. But can anybody expect to get that kind of service?

Comment

Working...
                    X