Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a knockdown automatically be 10-8?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a knockdown automatically be 10-8?

Should a knockdown automatically be scored as a 10-8 round?

I find this happening much too often.

If a fighter dominates a round for 2 min. and 50 sec., a typically 10-9 round, then hits the deck but raises unhurt, I could go for his opponent pinching the round 10-9. But not 10-8.

if its a flash KD then it should only be a 10-9 round

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard
      If the fighter that was knocked down was dominating 90% of the round, it should end up a 9-9 round.
      Yes, this is correct. I've seen it happen before.

Comment

they'd score it 10-9 in that case or 9-9

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
          they'd score it 10-9 in that case or 9-9
          10 means the fighter won the round convincingly.

If Fighter A is winning 90% of the round but gets caught once in the round with a Flash-KD...it deducts a point from him...giving him a 9. Fighter B who was losing 90% can only tie the round up; not win it by a simple flash-KD.

That's what I always thought.

The only time you can win the round is if fighter B knocks fighter A down...then jumps on him and has some time to keep ****ing him up so bad that it looks like if there were no bell to ring, the fight would be over.

Comment

Following or preceding a KD, the fighter who gets dropped has to do damage to avoid a 2 point rd against him. Simply outboxin a guy ain't good enuf to make it 10-9 when you've been dropped imo. I agree that flash KD's should only be 10-9, but that's too open to interpretation. Some fighters can disguise a hurtful KD as a flash very well.

Comment

I might be wrong but ...

don't you think a lot (most) of the judges make it easy for themselves?
              10-8 it is. 99 per cent of the times.

Comment

a knock down is 10-8 for the one who knocked him down anything else is unsivalised.

Comment

well almost everytime a fighter gets knocked down they lose the round. every now and then they may come back and win the round, but they need to win it CLEAR CUT to change the point.

whats more bull**** though is the fact that judges never score draw rounds. its ****ing gay, and ****s up so many decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
                    well almost everytime a fighter gets knocked down they lose the round. every now and then they may come back and win the round, but they need to win it CLEAR CUT to change the point.

whats more bull**** though is the fact that judges never score draw rounds. its ****ing gay, and ****s up so many decisions.
                    Just about to say that...

very close rounds should just be scored 10-10 instead of guessing or showing favorites.

If you don't know or really have to think about it; it's a draw.

Comment

Working...
                    X