No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Very Motivated Ahead of WBO Euro Title Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    You act like Tyson Fury is a HOF for one win.

He beat the man.

Comment

Sorry if my comments upset anyone, but it has to be said. AY is a class boxer who should be fighting for genuine title's & not his promoter/managers WBO (mafia) B/S! There is actually only one authentic real European title (EBU), so can we please cut the crap? If FW really had Anthony's interests at heart then he would be showcasing him abroad more! "If he's to stay locked in the UK, then why not match him with Joel McIntyre for the English title before Xmas"?...............

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
        Sorry if my comments upset anyone, but it has to be said. AY is a class boxer who should be fighting for genuine title's & not his promoter/managers WBO (mafia) B/S! There is actually only one authentic real European title (EBU), so can we please cut the crap? If FW really had Anthony's interests at heart then he would be showcasing him abroad more! "If he's to stay locked in the UK, then why not match him with Joel McIntyre for the English title before Xmas"?...............
        Dude Chill the guy is only 11 fights into his pro career, and he only had like 12 amateur fights.

They're moving him along just fine as far as I can see. He's moving up at just the righr pace all things considered. I can see him being ranked in the top 5 of one of the main belts by the time he reaches his 20th fight, at which point they can push for a title shot.

Also as far as I can tell this boy is the real goods. Only test he needs to pass is the chin and heart test. The eye test he has already passed with flying colours imo.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Yarde is no good I'm afraid. Buatsi is the guy to keep an eye on at 175. Now that's a real monster.
          Based off what?

I mean, we have to see Yarde step up admittedly, but he's looked pretty good so far.

Saying he's "no good" is as wrong as saying "he's gonna be a future star", we haven't seen enough of him, but he's one to watch with interest.

Comment

The WBO European is a title to gain top 15 ranking, I think the IBF have just created a IBF European recently too. Yarde should unify both titles then take out the EBU-EU champion and then go for the real EBU title. There's a good few fights there and it avoids the messy domestic scene of the British title with clashes of promoters etc, though the British would probably be harder to win due the UK's high output of quality boxers in all divisions through it's top amateur systems bottom to top.
            WBO European
            IBF European
            EBU-EU
            then for the real belt
            EBU

Strap Season!

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
              Based off what?

I mean, we have to see Yarde step up admittedly, but he's looked pretty good so far.

Saying he's "no good" is as wrong as saying "he's gonna be a future star", we haven't seen enough of him, but he's one to watch with interest.
              Based on what my eye tells me. Either you're sold on a fighter or you're not, either way, until he proves you right or wrong on paper, it remains an opinion. I'm of the opinion that Yarde is a very limited, basic fighter with not much upside.

Buatsi has proven he can compete with and beat some of the best amateur fighters in the world. Of course it's different at pro level, but Buatsi's style is a pro style, if he was that successful as an amateur, I have no doubt he's gonna rip up the pros.

I would pick Buatsi to KO Yarde if they fought right now or in 5 years.

Comment

Working...
              X