No announcement yet.

Queen .. after Feddie Mercury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen .. after Feddie Mercury

Queen continued after the unfortunate death of the great singer Freddie Mercury in 1991. They bought in several noted singers including Paul Rogers(Bad Company, Free) to no avail. Now they added Adam Lambert, who originally made his mark on American idol. Lambert has incredible range and though the will be no replacement for the legendary Freddie Mercury, but after great review, he seems to be a great choice.

does anybody think he is the good choice?

Last edited by TBear; 04-04-2017, 03:12 AM.

I love listening to Bohemian Rhapsody when I'm blitzed, one of the greatest songs of all time.

And no, I don't like the Adam Lambert version.
    Last edited by Sup; 04-04-2017, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
      I love listening to Bohemian Rhapsody when I'm blitzed, one of the greatest songs of all time.

And no, I don't like the Adam Lambert version.
      Yeah, I think primarily those are very tough shoes to fill.

Thanks for the answer, I was beginning to think many members are too young to follow Queen or know the band these days.

Comment

singers are just hard to replace, it rarely works especially if they are an iconic type like Freddy was.

guitar and drums etc you can at least sound exactly the same but singers are always going to be different.

ACDC did it but i cant think of many others of the top of my head.

Comment

Certainly not INXS with J D Fortune....they have never been the same

Comment

Queen died with Freddie. No disrespect to Brian May or the other two hangers-on in the band, but it is the truth. He couldn't be replaced.

Comment

Lambert isn't there to replace Mercury as Mercury is irrepaceable, it's like a new band with a great guitarist and a superb singer aspiring to be great.

Comment

Bohemian Rhapsody is probably my favourite song of all time
                And I fxckin hate rock
                Anyway there is only one Freddie Mercury
                Shoes are way to big to ever be filled

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo's View Post
                  Lambert isn't there to replace Mercury as Mercury is irrepaceable, it's like a new band with a great guitarist and a superb singer aspiring to be great.
                  No it's not
                  Not at all
                  It's Queen meets American Idol

Comment

if there never were a freddy mercury, lamberts voice would do. but since there was, he just cant compare. the charisma and showmanship and voice....hard to replace if not impossible.

same thing when journey tried to replace steve perry who has/had the greatest voice in rock. imho

Comment

Working...
                    X