No announcement yet.

Jonathan Banks vs. Seth Mitchell II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Banks vs. Seth Mitchell II

This is in the works for Feb 16 and will be televised on HBO.

What is your prediction?
    Mitchell by decision
    6.90%
    Mitchell by KO/TKO/RTD
    34.48%
    Banks by decision
    3.45%
    Banks by KO/TKO/RTD
    48.28%
    Evenly matched, difficult to predict
    6.90%

The poll is expired.

Hard to say!! Look forward to seeing it though. Can go either way if Seth reigns himself in a bit.

Comment

Seth was exposed a bit too much in the Witherspoon fight, and definitely in the first Banks fight. Even if he goes out there and carefully gets Banks outta there...the blueprint on how to beat him, is still out there.

If he wants to pull a Mosley and go right back after a guy that beat him, then hats off to him. Im a fan of his, and hopes to see him do well, or at least rack up enough money to be sure that his family is taken care of.

Comment

mitchell needs to reign it in a bit i wanna see the rematch i thought he could've kept fighting in the first one.

i think if he fights with a jab and more cautious he'll get banks outta there.

Comment

i voted Mitchell by decision as long as he learns from his mistakes last time I can kinda see him getting ko'd again though

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            This is in the works for Feb 16 and will be televised on HBO.

What is your prediction?
            Maybe its because they were heavyweights but that was an exciting fight. I got that nervousness in my stomach while they were throwing blows because you knew someone was getting kayo. I think Banks wins again. Boxing isnt like MMA where guys can come to the sport late and be successful. Its a rarity. Unless your a freak athlete like Sergio Martinez.

Comment

I find a Mitchell win very hard to imagine. The difference in skill seemed quite wide last time, and it's not like SM just had a bad night, he fought the same way he always does.

Maybe he can land something big. I don't think he will though.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                I find a Mitchell win very hard to imagine. The difference in skill seemed quite wide last time, and it's not like SM just had a bad night, he fought the same way he always does.

Maybe he can land something big. I don't think he will though.
                Is it that hard a stretch to see Mitchell win? He easily outworked and outpunched Banks in the first round but he got careless (much like Pacquaio) and lunged in, and got caught.

I think if Seth exercises more caution and is defensive minded; then could easily outwork Banks and eventually land a decisive KO punch.

The key is too minimize any mistakes and not get lulled into one of Banks offensive traps. Banks fought a similar fight a few years ago against Travis Walker where he was able to line his man up and land the KO punch much like the MItchell fight.

Comment

Hard to say but I'm kinda leaning toward Mitchell pulling off the rematch. I'm sure he'll watch the tape and put in a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
                    i voted Mitchell by decision as long as he learns from his mistakes last time I can kinda see him getting ko'd again though
                    And will the judges will give the close rounds to Seth because he's a Haymon-managed HBO house fighter?

Comment

Working...
                    X