Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how is Eddie gonna get casuals in America to subscribe to DAZN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
    I like America actually... i have my dislikes for it and some of the cultures it can display, much like i have negatives and dislikes about my own country.

In answer to your question, thats very obvious.. Because the USA is the number 1 market for sheer cash generation and has the largest number of potential customers for a product that is specifically aimed at them.

What I'm saying to you.. is that in financials and figures only, there is a number of subscribers required to turn a profit on this venture and that they are not all required to be from the American Market.

If DAZN only get 400,000 subscribers from the USA... but garner 350,000 from other territories in the 1st year then that turns a profit and makes it viable, allowing them to keep operating at a nett profit based on those numbers for the future.

A future within which fighters still get paid more than elsewhere, the viewing populace and customer base slowly comes over to DAZN because everyone else around the world is happy with the product and service, and you lot cant see it because you wont buy it.

Easy..

Back to the underlying point here though.. You do absolutely hate Hearn and want to see this fail irrespective of whether its beneficial for the sport.
    Nobody is going to invest a billion dollars into boxing without the American market. I'm not even about to read all that nonsense you posted. Don't be stupid

Comment

He won't have done it on a whim. There's a plan don't you worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Nobody is going to invest a billion dollars into boxing without the American market. I'm not even about to read all that nonsense you posted. Don't be stupid
        You read it.. you know you did.

You liked it where i confirmed that USA legitimacy of being the biggest market in the 2nd paragraph and confirmed the product being aimed at that market specifically.

What you didnt like is me showing you evidence that the service isnt solely reliable on the mighty USA..

that your hope of not enough american subs ****ing it all up for Hearn in the first year is completely batted out the ballpark by paying customers elsewhere keeping it going COMFORTABLY whilst the USA customers slowly realise over time to get DAZN because everything else is a rip off and they have no boxing to watch because people are fighting on there instead.

Its an 8 year investment you ****ing mong.. that means they dont just put a cool bill in in the first year. It means they put in 125 million and monitor world wide return aswell as US subscription numbers based on that initial investment.

**** you're stupid sometimes..

P.S you still hate Hearn

Comment

You read it.. you know you did.

You liked it where i confirmed that USA legitimacy of being the biggest market in the 2nd paragraph and confirmed the product being aimed at that market specifically.

What you didnt like is me showing you evidence that the service isnt solely reliable on the mighty USA..

that your hope of not enough american subs ****ing it all up for Hearn in the first year is completely batted out the ballpark by paying customers elsewhere keeping it going COMFORTABLY whilst the USA customers slowly realise over time to get DAZN because everything else is a rip off and they have no boxing to watch because people are fighting on there instead.

Its an 8 year investment you ****ing mong.. that means they dont just put a cool bill in in the first year. It means they put in 125 million and monitor world wide return aswell as US subscription numbers based on that initial investment.

**** you're stupid sometimes..

P.S you still hate Hearn
          Nobody is going to invest a billion dollars into boxing without the US market. End of discussion

Comment

He isn't.......

Comment

Some seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that its purely an American subscription base that is going to make this a success... it isnt.

DAZN only need to recoup X amount of subscriptions from ALL territories they operate in in order to make this financially viable and/or successful. If they get a glut of subscribers from other territories as a result of DAZN picking up these fights then Hearns all set.

**** whether or not the Americans wanna buy it or not, if you slags wanna keep shelling out **** tons of money for 3 or 4 different things and youre disgusting PPV prices on top of that... thats up to you. Im sure Canada, Japan, germany etc and all the other DAZN customer bases will be glad to watch for the equivalent of $20 whilst you all pay through the nose.

Admit it though Cobra.. you ****ing hate Hearn and to cut your nose off to spite your face.. you'd rather see this flop than actually be positive for boxing purely because its him in the seat and not Haymon.
              Look how many people have got netflix i thought it would never pick up. most in the uk have netflix rather than sky package or virgin

Comment

Yea. You're speaking as a boxing fan. I'm talking about casual fans. What keeps them subscribing?
                Good fights/shows will keep them coming back. I think the casuals will have less of a problem with 20 instead of 60?

Marketing is something a lot of these outfits don't do much of. If he's got a billy to play with, I bet a decent slice of that is for Marketing. Nobody puts Boxing advertisements on regular tv. Could work, could not - hard to say.

I'm in agreement with you without knowing all the particulars. 20 a month is tough for 12 months per year which is why I'm thinking they're banking on casual investors/consumers as previously mentioned.

Premium subscriptions is a dying tool in a lot of environments. Micro-transactions are a proven and current model. Look at the gaming industry especially League of Legends, the #1 game on planet Earth is free to play but they make megabucks on selling aesthetics for chump change. Small profits, big audience is my point. Don't be surprised to see this hit Boxing.

The US has a big Boxing audience. I think there is plenty of telemetry of what people will and won't pay for in Boxing. Any good analyst can deduce that, the problem is getting investors into the sum of 1B and Hearn has that.

I think there is a revitalization of Boxing going on. Showtime has Boxing on everyday, video game streamers are hosting massive Boxing events, Boxing is buzzing atm. I think the timing is right.

Even though I don't like Hearn much, I'm praying for his success. For us, it's the stuff we need. I ain't paying either way.
                Last edited by McNulty; 05-13-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Nobody is going to invest a billion dollars into boxing without the US market. End of discussion
                  Nobody here has told you otherwise.. you just dont like the fact that it isn't solely reliant on having initial outright success in that market to keep it successful for those involved.

Again, noone is investing a billion... the investment figure would be whatever is invested before potential failure, and if that figure is 1 billion, then it's been going for 8 years and is very much a success..

You're looking very foolish on this one, compounded by your refusal to discuss or see reasoning. End of discussion

I'd hardly be surprised to see me on your ignore list again I'm making you look that ignorant and driven by bias

Comment

America is only part of the market. It doesn't solely rely on Americans subscribing. Hearn and DAZN have bigger plans than just America. They realise boxing is a global market, maybe you should too?

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                      Premium subscriptions is a dying tool in a lot of environments. Micro-transactions are a proven and current model. Look at the gaming industry especially League of Legends, the #1 game on planet Earth is free to play but they make megabucks on selling aesthetics for chump change. Small profits, big audience is my point. Don't be surprised to see this hit Boxing.
                      Pay a dollar if you want to see the next round, hit the red button if you want more

Comment

Working...
                      X