No announcement yet.

Heroin use in U.S. at epidemic levels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Heroin use in U.S. at epidemic levels

New data released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show that heroin use increased 63% between 2002 and 2013, and heroin-related overdose deaths have nearly quadrupled over the same time period. While heroin use continues to be most common among men between the ages of 18 and 25 who make less than $20,000, the CDC researchers note that in recent years people in nearly every demographic group are using the drug more. For instance, heroin use has doubled among women and non-Hispanic white people.

Addiction to prescription pain killers may be fueling some of the rise in heroin use. People addicted to painkillers may make the switch to heroin since it’s cheaper, doesn’t require a prescription, and offers a similar high. According to the CDC, those who are addicted to prescription opioid painkillers are 40 times more likely to be addicted to heroin.

http://time.com/3946904/heroin-epidemic/

it's real crazy. here in the areas closer to baltimore it is out of control. it's like everyday you read / hear about some 19 year old ODing.

Comment

Just attended a funeral yesterday for a friend of mine. Had a ridiculous amateur fighting career both in boxing and MMA. Dead at 27.

Comment

So sad! I've seen a few people close to me struggle with the pain pill addiction. The struggle is real.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          it's real crazy. here in the areas closer to baltimore it is out of control. it's like everyday you read / hear about some 19 year old ODing.
          Dude there are a lot of white collar upper middle class and rich people doing heroin now. Some dude passed out driving his car while he shot himself up he was driving a Benz and was a rich dude they had to inject some naloxone stuff that brought him back to life he was pretty much dead.

I never understood drugs, Why do people even take it? My friend doesn't do drugs at all, he never smoked or drank, but he uses steroids and even steroids scared the crap out of me that stuff can screw your liver up and kidneys and enlarge your heart etc. scary stuff.

Comment

dude, you're better than me.

so far in 2016 i've known of 3 people passing due to H and i've yet to attend a funeral. my stoic heart has no pity for it, last dude who passed, J, a pretty decent dude and brand new father to boot. meh.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Dude there are a lot of white collar upper middle class and rich people doing heroin now. Some dude passed out driving his car while he shot himself up he was driving a Benz and was a rich dude they had to inject some naloxone stuff that brought him back to life he was pretty much dead.

I never understood drugs, Why do people even take it? My friend doesn't do drugs at all, he never smoked or drank, but he uses steroids and even steroids scared the crap out of me that stuff can screw your liver up and kidneys and enlarge your heart etc. scary stuff.
              it's sadder than a mf'er seeing these teenagers look like zombies out in the open in bmore.

really affecting the black and white population as per the numbers here.

Comment

This Heroin is getting way out of control. I hope either Hillary or Trump talks about this epidemic more and how they plan to address it.

Comment

Blame Mexico doe...Yanks a bunch of druggies...i guess they blame McDonalds for obesity....

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    Blame Mexico doe...Yanks a bunch of druggies...i guess they blame McDonalds for obesity....
                    we are.

we do.

Comment

Working...
                    X