Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think Of Clottey at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy is supposedly 37 years old. He's pretty much done as a potential contender. He's always in tremendous physical shape, I'll give him that.

Comment

I think he does nothing at 154, beating a 40 year old Mundine means nothing

Comment

Mundine is nothing special and Clottey is 37 but this isnt the 80's anymore. Guys can fight at a high level for longer now and that goes for all of pro sports. He's also had a lot of time off and he's always had a bigger body so I think he could be solid. He might not win but I think he makes it tough for alot of guys. He still looks pretty fresh to me

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          I think he does nothing at 154, beating a 40 year old Mundine means nothing
          When you beat a legend, you become a legend.

Comment

Clottey will give anyone problems, I love his fight against Manny because it showcases his amazing defense and Manny's notorious lack of an ability to effectively adjust. Clottey has one of the best peek-a-boo shell defenses I have ever seen, and when I want to work on swapping defensive stances in the gym I go back to tapes of Clottey often.

Comment

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
              When you beat a legend, you become a legend.
              thats wtf Im tryin to say. To be the man, you have to beat the man and he just beat the man. What more do you want? Totally erases the Pac loss IMO

Comment

Kirkland/Clottey is a good match-up to make. Kirk has a high work-rate and I think he'd force Clottey to come out of his shell to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  thats wtf Im tryin to say. To be the man, you have to beat the man and he just beat the man. What more do you want? Totally erases the Pac loss IMO
                  That Pac loss doesn't even count, Clottey had explosive diarrhea that fight.

Comment

I like clotteys style. He's got all the tools to beat elite fighters, it's just too bad he's a mental midget.

Comment

He probably gives everyone in the division a tough fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X