Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Athletic Commission prevents fight between Andy Ruiz and old Michael Grant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Athletic Commission prevents fight between Andy Ruiz and old Michael Grant

Nice to see a commission doing it's job and refusing to permit a mismatch between a prime, hard-punching HWs and a shot old boxer.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...rantom-otmenen
    Last edited by The Hammer; 12-05-2015, 11:50 AM.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Nice to see a commission doing it's job and refusing to sanction matchups like this.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...rantom-otmenen
    I suspect Grant failed his medical exam. Judging by the obese guys that most commissions declare as "fit", he must have shown something on his neurological exam.

Comment

Bob should of taken it to Macau

Comment

Surprised to hear this happening more as of late. I hope its happening more in lesser fights. Lotsa mismatches going on there to.

Boxing 86ing bs fights & putting on more competitive fights, forced or not, is great for boxing & largely why the UFC is as popular as it is imo. The UFC is a event over 3 or so hours, boxing is just one fight over 36 mins. I'd love to see the day when the audience for a big fight are there for the 1st 4 rounder & denying bs fights & putting on more competitive fights is one of the keys to that happening..

Comment

His opposition level is disgraceful especially considering he had around 120 amateur fights. Why can't they step him up and have him fight somebody like Fedosov?

Comment

Well I have to say this sounds like good news if it's the commission looking out for the fighter. I hate seeing faded vets get recycled for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              His opposition level is disgraceful especially considering he had around 120 amateur fights. Why can't they step him up and have him fight somebody like Fedosov?
              Because his promoter is Bob Arum.

Comment

Ruiz has had this December fight scheduled, without an opponent, for a couple months now so there's really no excuse for selecting such a weak opponent.

Comment

Michael Grant is 43 years old. He hasn't fought in over a year, has been knocked out in his last two fights and hasn't actually won one in more than four years. Good for them.

Comment

disgraceful.
                    grant must be bankrupt? he had a glass chin in his PRIME FFS at 43 years old this is just a travesty.

Comment

Working...
                    X