No announcement yet.

Wach vs Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wach vs Fury

I have read on the Wlad vs Fury threads that Fury is the first time Wlad will have faced someone taller+heavier than himself, which is true APART from Mariusz Wach!

The threads are reading that Fury is much better than big oaf Wach was..

Now I am not here to claim that Wach>Fury exactly, but I think it should be brought to fanboy attention that that is not necessarily the case.

There is nothing in the evidence to suggest that Fury is more capable than Wach, or that Fury could beat Wach!

You see Wach is in fact more experienced than Fury, and it could be claimed that Wach has even faced better quality also! Definitely he has faced much bigger opponents than Fury, and even himself and won!

The irony is that Tyson Fury, has NEVER fought anybody even CLOSE to the same size of himself, or Wach, or Wlad, let alone beat one!!

So let's look at some qualities..

Fury is longer than Wach AND faster. He is also the heavier opponent. This in itself might be enough to get Fury the win. He is also well skilled and has the full variety of punches which MAY be a plus but Wach himself has a more cautious approach to boxing which ALSO may be a plus when it comes to capitalising on Fury mistakes!

Although Fury's speed may do a paint job on Wach, it has to be borne out that Mariusz Wach is a much harder puncher than Fury and almost certainly has enough skills+size to land on Fury and enough to knock him out.

Conversely, Wach has an iron chin and would never be knocked out by Fury, forcing Fury to keep it up the full 12 rounds to win by decision...

Ask yourself, do you really see this guy Fury, being able to do this to Wach? Who has only ever lost to Klitschko so far?

barring a freak occurrence wlad will easily win and probably KO fury who hasn't got wach's chin.

Comment

Wach is a stiff bum who was roided out of his mind against Wlad. Fury simply has too much movement and skill for Wach to get anywhere near him.

Wach has a punchers chance and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        The irony is that Tyson Fury, has NEVER fought anybody even CLOSE to the same size of himself, or Wach, or Wlad, let alone beat one!!
        Fury fought an opponent named Scott Belshaw who is 6'7

Here is the bout:

Comment

Fury would decision Wach, Wach is very slow, to the point of being pretty much stationary, Wach also doesn't have tremendous power, his ko% is only 50% although he's had a couple of ko's that looked impressive, he's gone the distance plenty of times with non durable fighters. Fury has stopped Chisora which he could do similar to Wach on just accumilation and breakdown, on another fight Wlad could have stopped Wach.

Wach hasn't stopped anyone anywhere near as durable as Chisora, so he's not imo the more damaging puncher, he has a bit more on his single shots but nowhere near as much accumilation damage.

The big fighters Wach has beaten, Julius Long, kevin mcbride (in 2014) etc, these guys get ko'd by everyone they fight. Wach got hyped because he ktfo a Kevin Mcbride who shouldn't even have been licensed, outside of that he hasn't done squat.

All Wach is is just a giant, who has a very good chin, basic fundamentals and a nice power shot.

Fury has better jab, can switch hit, moves better, has better variety of punches, can vary his pace, can fight off the ropes, can punch moving backwards, can box inside, he's simply more advanced boxer.

So yeah, I do think Fury beats Wach pretty easily, but that has no bearing on how I think fury does against Wlad, because i think he loses.
          Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 07-08-2015, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Wach is absolutely dreadful, I don't understand the fanfare this guy gets. Probably some Wlad fanboys trying to talk up one of his cherrypicked opponents. He's basically a human pylon in the ring whose punches you can see coming from a mille away. Fury would beat him easily.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
              Wach is absolutely dreadful, I don't understand the fanfare this guy gets. Probably some Wlad fanboys trying to talk up one of his cherrypicked opponents. He's basically a human pylon in the ring whose punches you can see coming from a mille away. Fury would beat him easily.
              I get the feeling a lot of people who post about him have actually never seen him fight and just saw the pictures of the Wlad Wach weigh in

Comment

Wach is an ok fighter simply as others have said because he is very big and durable and has ok ability (being nice). If you break him down as a fighter, he has an extremely limited offensive game, his jab is average, his right hand is average, his technique is below par, his skills are below par. I guess he is decent on his feet and has solid power. For me he is a C-level fighter who has very good durability.

Fury has good ability and is more like a B-level heavyweight for me. He has way more in his arsenal than Wach, and has a very good jab, better speed, a decent right hand. I expect him to give Wlad plenty to think about as long as it lasts. I think Wlad will put it on him early, and Fury will be hurt and maybe even hit the canvas, but if he can survive the early onslaught he may start to wear Klitschko down, especially if he takes the fight to the inside. I know a lot of people will laugh but I think Fury can get a late stoppage down the stretch, although I expect Wlad to hang on for UD. He is the better fighter but I still have question marks about his chin and defences, and with a bigger dangerous guy like Fury, he will be able to get to Klitschko which most fighters can't. Whilst Fury is not the greatest heavyweight in history he is a unique challenge. This fight interests me a lot, in the sense that I am curious to see how Wlad deals with that challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Fury would decision Wach, Wach is very slow, to the point of being pretty much stationary, Wach also doesn't have tremendous power, his ko% is only 50% although he's had a couple of ko's that looked impressive, he's gone the distance plenty of times with non durable fighters. Fury has stopped Chisora which he could do similar to Wach on just accumilation and breakdown, on another fight Wlad could have stopped Wach.

Wach hasn't stopped anyone anywhere near as durable as Chisora, so he's not imo the more damaging puncher, he has a bit more on his single shots but nowhere near as much accumilation damage.

The big fighters Wach has beaten, Julius Long, kevin mcbride (in 2014) etc, these guys get ko'd by everyone they fight. Wach got hyped because he ktfo a Kevin Mcbride who shouldn't even have been licensed, outside of that he hasn't done squat.

All Wach is is just a giant, who has a very good chin, basic fundamentals and a nice power shot.

Fury has better jab, can switch hit, moves better, has better variety of punches, can vary his pace, can fight off the ropes, can punch moving backwards, can box inside, he's simply more advanced boxer.

So yeah, I do think Fury beats Wach pretty easily, but that has no bearing on how I think fury does against Wlad, because i think he loses.
                  This started out in the first paragraph being a good case for Fury..

But it then degenerated into a nut bag post with too many flaws to seriously counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    I get the feeling a lot of people who post about him have actually never seen him fight and just saw the pictures of the Wlad Wach weigh in
                    Well I for one am not claiming that Wach was a thrashing machine but I will claim that Wach is, quote "technically much better than almost everyone gives him credit for". He is a good boxer! You don't get to Wach's level by being just big alone!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X