Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robbie alomar first blue jay voted into baseball hall of fame!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
    Alomar was second ballot - he failed in his bid last year because of the infamous spitting incident and its aftermath, much like what happened with Juan Marichal. Morris is extremely borderline imo. His supporters tend to focus more on his performance in the clutch than his overall stats. As for Larkin, I think he's overrated, but the numbers show he will eventually get in now.

Personally I'd elect Tim Raines and Edgar Martinez over any of the remainder.
    Morris in the clutch is also a plus for him but his numbers should not be overlooked. He has good numbers and a lot of great individual awards. He deserves to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Morris in the clutch is also a plus for him but his numbers should not be overlooked. He has good numbers and a lot of great individual awards. He deserves to be in.
      They aren't overlooking the numbers - they're looking at that whopping 3.90 ERA, which is the problem.

Comment

That's cool !!!! Who do you think will be the next Jays to be inducted...

With regards to Morris as much as I dislike him I think he should be inducted as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
          That's cool !!!! Who do you think will be the next Jays to be inducted...

With regards to Morris as much as I dislike him I think he should be inducted as well.
          I am guessing that it will be Doc Halladay.

Comment

They aren't overlooking the numbers - they're looking at that whopping 3.90 ERA, which is the problem.
            Meh, I think ERA overall is one of the more overrated stats in baseball. Not to mention if we are gonna knock a guy for one single stat then 60% of HOFers would be left out in the cold. Morris was a great winner, 4 rings and the most wins in the 80s and clutch as they get. The dude should of been in the hall ages ago.

I know this may make me look like a Tigers homer but another dude that got the royal shaft was Alan Trammel. Sure, he doesn't lofty offensive numbers but he and Whittaker were the greatest defensive double play combo in the history of baseball. If yes to Ozzie Smith, why not Alan Trammel?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
              I am guessing that it will be Doc Halladay.
              Terminator,Cone,Key,Carter etc.etc....no?.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                Meh, I think ERA overall is one of the more overrated stats in baseball. Not to mention if we are gonna knock a guy for one single stat then 60% of HOFers would be left out in the cold. Morris was a great winner, 4 rings and the most wins in the 80s and clutch as they get. The dude should of been in the hall ages ago.

I know this may make me look like a Tigers homer but another dude that got the royal shaft was Alan Trammel. Sure, he doesn't lofty offensive numbers but he and Whittaker were the greatest defensive double play combo in the history of baseball. If yes to Ozzie Smith, why not Alan Trammel?
                Morris was pretty worthless on a stacked Jays team in 92 and didn't even pitch in the postseason in 93. I would say no to Trammell and possibly to Smith, it is a joke that Smith got in first ballot (he's borderline at best, had a ton of media hype). Smith should have been like 12+ ballots at best. But you're right, if he's in there hard to argue against Trammell.
                Last edited by Miburo; 01-05-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

None of those guys are gonna get in the hall. I agree with Tim that Halladay would be the next.

Comment

None. Halladay for sure.

Comment

Morris was pretty worthless on a stacked Jays team in 92 and didn't even pitch in the postseason in 93. I would say no to Trammell and possibly to Smith, it is a joke that Smith got in first ballot (he's borderline at best, had a ton of media hype). Smith should have been like 12+ ballots at best.
                      I have no problem with Trammel not getting in as long as Smith didn't get in. Since he did though, Trammel should as well. Trammel has better offensive numbers(both are putrid but still) and was just as good of a defender. We all know why Smith got in though.

Comment

Working...
                      X